All the PPV Games....

Has anyone heard whether they will be in HD? The worst thing about all the PPV games last year was not that it costs $30 a pop, but that they were all non-HD. :angry:

I would not expect them to be in HD.

I don't either, but I'm just wondering if there has been confirmation, one way or the other....

Has anyone heard whether they will be in HD? The worst thing about all the PPV games last year was not that it costs $30 a pop, but that they were all non-HD. :angry:

This may come off as dumb...but if the broadcast it in HD..they would need to broadcast it on two different stations..right? One HD broadcast and one Standard Def...I just don't see that happening.

This may come off as dumb...but if the broadcast it in HD..they would need to broadcast it on two different stations..right? One HD broadcast and one Standard Def...I just don't see that happening.

No. But they would need standard and HD equipment, respectively, to broadcast the game in both formats.

No. But they would need standard and HD equipment, respectively, to broadcast the game in both formats.

Nope. All you need is HD cameras. Why any standard cameras are not in a museum yet is beyond me. When you feed a signal to a tv, the signal is adjusted to the TV's 'Native Resolution.' This is why standard def looks so horrible on HD sets. If you feed an HD signal to a standard def set, the tv will reduce the image from 720p to 480i.

I dont expect them to be HD, and I will be angry about it. We are through the digital conversion, no sporting even should ever again be shot in standard. It makes as much sense as shooting in black and white after they developed color.

Nope. All you need is HD cameras. Why any standard cameras are not in a museum yet is beyond me. When you feed a signal to a tv, the signal is adjusted to the TV's 'Native Resolution.' This is why standard def looks so horrible on HD sets. If you feed an HD signal to a standard def set, the tv will reduce the image from 720p to 480i.

I dont expect them to be HD, and I will be angry about it. We are through the digital conversion, no sporting even should ever again be shot in standard. It makes as much sense as shooting in black and white after they developed color.

Yeah, there really shouldn't be that many sports broadcasters that even own non-HD equipment any longer. Sooner or later everything will be in HD, it is just a matter of when....