Walk On: Husker's Edge

7/31/2009 6:08:47 AM

"Walk Ons: Huskers Edge" is a new NET television special

Hey!

Can you burn me a copy?

If I can figure out how to get my DVR to DVD (been wanting to anyway) and if I can do it legally, then you betcha. IM or email me or whatever we do here (I'm kinda new) and we'll work it out.

Pm'd ya..

I bought a DVD recorder..Recorded our last two games, and I can't seem to replay anything on any of my other machines...Just my computer.

I emailed my Sister about the show, but I don't think she has anything past a VCR.

It would be nice if it could be put on Hulu.com, but like you say..might be legal issues..

Pm'd ya..

I bought a DVD recorder..Recorded our last two games, and I can't seem to replay anything on any of my other machines...Just my computer.

I emailed my Sister about the show, but I don't think she has anything past a VCR.

It would be nice if it could be put on Hulu.com, but like you say..might be legal issues..

You probably didn't finalize the discs...look through the manual of the dvd recorder, or the on screen menu's to find the option...finalizing should make them playable on any newish (7-8 year old) DVD player...

OK...back to Husker football...

I've always thought that one of the biggest benefits to the walk on program was that it provided a better practice scenario. More players with experience, more fresh legs and live arms means the team can go harder in practice and not be quite as worried about injury and fatigue. I've heard Crouch say before that Wednesday pratices were usually much harder than the games on Saturday. Yes, the ones played the ones on Wednesday but they had great depth in practice like they do in the game. Bottom line is, better practice = better play on Saturday.

Hey!

Can you burn me a copy?

Good news for those like me who aren't in the area, or can't get their DVR's to work. <_< NET will have this puppy online, tonight at 7 CT -- http://www.netnebraska.org/television/

:hellloooo

Bump!

20 minutes people - get your popcorn and drinks ready now. :)

Dang..

Missed it...And I made popcorn, too.

Looks like there will be a couple more showings:

NET1/HD Scheduling Information:

Thur. Aug 6 @ 8PM (6 PST)

Sun. Aug 9 @ 6:30 PM (4:30 PST)

I thought it was decent but I don’t think it was something that I could watch over and over again like the Husker Century Documentary. It did appear to be a big Makovicka hug-a-thon, which is fine but after awhile it was like talk about some of the other people already.

It is still weird seeing Jason Peter now compared to when he was playing and Jeff Makovicka appeared to have lost a lot of weight as well.

Wistrom wasn't a Walk On. Tomich was.

I thought it was decent but I don’t think it was something that I could watch over and over again like the Husker Century Documentary. It did appear to be a big Makovicka hug-a-thon, which is fine but after awhile it was like talk about some of the other people already.

It is still weird seeing Jason Peter now compared to when he was playing and Jeff Makovicka appeared to have lost a lot of weight as well.

Though this was an awesome Documentary!

Hated the part with Pederson...oh and the fact that whenever they would reference a player they would have to put "walk on" in front of their name...ergh!

Walk On Alex Henry this...Walk On Joel Mackovica that.....we get it! We don't need to be reminded every time you say their name!...............whew.............breathe...................okay...................I'm fine now.

Though this was an awesome Documentary!

Hated the part with Pederson...oh and the fact that whenever they would reference a player they would have to put "walk on" in front of their name...ergh!

Walk On Alex Henry this...Walk On Joel Mackovica that.....we get it! We don't need to be reminded every time you say their name!...............whew.............breathe...................okay...................I'm fine now.

Hated the part with Pederson, did you? I about punched my computer screen a couple of times watching his arrogant smirking face. Had my middle finger firmly extended during several parts.

In any event, the real reason I'm responding to this thread because those who didn't get to see it for whatever reason can do so a little later tonight. On at 8 PM, CT via live webcast. Here: http://www.netnebraska.org/television/

I'm with you. Not overly impressed. They had an opportunity to make this amazing and instead went for cheap overused music and overplayed stories. They need to go back to the towns they grew up in and get "the story" of the players. Talk to people in the town about why these players are so important to them.

Overall, I would grade it a C+/B-