Anterio Sloan

Been really quiet about him for a long time now. I have heard things about him being a very soft commit, but have seen nothing substantial to back that up. Does he have plans on visiting?

I am impressed with Sloan's aggressive style of play in the defensive backfield. To me, he's the prototypical DB Bo is looking for - attack, attack, attack. Hopefully the staff can keep him locked in this 2010 class.

The local wisdom is that he's out the door at the first opportunity, but I've not seen anything yet to substantiate that. I think it's mostly paranoia about a commit who pledges without ever setting foot on the campus. He's suppose to have a good relationship with Marvin Sanders. Hopefully that connection lasts through signing day and throughout his career if he ends up at Nebraska.

Helena-West Helena cornerback Anterio Sloan made an oral commitment to Nebraska in April but is listening to two SEC schools.

“Mississippi State and Auburn are two schools recruiting me real hard,” Sloan said. “I’m looking at them but I’m would like to stay with Nebraska. Those are my other two options.”

Sloan said he committed to Nebraska sight unseen based on conversations with Arkansas signees Darius Winston and Turell Williams.

“I really wanted to commit and get it over with so I could stay focused my football,” Sloan said. “I’ve been able to focus on football but since Mississippi State and Auburn have shown me interest. I want to show the same amount of interest in them. After I’ve done some research, I’ve liked them.”

Sloan, who said he plans to visit Nebraska sometime in early August, has other offers from Texas A&M, Memphis, Kentucky and Hawaii.

“I have a better chemistry because of (secondary) Coach (Marvin) Sanders,” said Sloan, who said he hopes to visit Mississippi State and Auburn. “My mind is focused in Nebraska right now but I’m looking at Mississippi State and Auburn too. I’ll know on signing day. I really don’t have any other schools recruiting me. I have others offers but ever since I committed they have left me alone.”

He said he wants to visit all three schools before making a final decision

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index...n-husker-bound/

I cant help but think Sloan is going to have academic issues. That's not a knock on SLoan whatsoever, hes a good kid, its a knock on where he lives. The Mayor actually put out a 24 hour curfew on West Helena last year because gang violence was so out of control. Needless to say it's not exactly pleasantville and that goes for the school system too. Arkansas had major eligibility hurdles to go through with Winston and Williams from the 09 class. Williams didnt qualify and Winston was just cleared by the NCAA clearing house last month....I hope he sticks with NU though, I'd much rather see him a Husker than at Cow Pasture U or Allbarn.

“I’m looking at them but I’m would like to stay with Nebraska. Those are my other two options.”

I know its not an "I love NU. It is my dream..." type of quote, but as far as I can see it he's still committed. Hopefully Sanders is in contact with him often.

I guess look at it this way: He hasn't seen any of the three in person but has been speaking with all of the coaches recruiting him. So far we are in the lead just based on that one factor. Don't you guys think that once he visits for a game that will put us over the top?

Well, "being in the lead" is not exactly where you want to be with when you're talking about a commit. it does sound like he's just paying us lip service at this point, but I'll remain optimistic.