Question About ESPN Gameplan

Hey guys me and my roommates are thinking about getting ESPN Gameplan. I was just wondering if and when they would put out a schedule of the games? I know Nebraska typiaclly gets a couple games on here every year. Anyone use gameplan? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Personally, if you're only getting it for a possible Husker game, save your money. I don't think a single game was on Gameplan last year. Maybe 1 or two from the year before. Plus, I think you can buy individual saturdays rather than a whole season, in the off chance that they might go back to seeing regional coverage of Husker games on ABC/ESPN.

However, if you're getting it because you're a college football junkie and need every possible game available to you (except PPV), then by all means, it's worth it. But, a word of caution - in the past, the broadcasts have not been in HD, and sometimes quite terrible quality. Still, it's offers more variety/choice than what you get locally.

I just found out that my ISP is finally allowing ESPN360 through, so this will be the first year in I don't know how long that I won't be spending money on it, since I'm more than willing to watch things on my computer instead.

I agree with Carl. I got it for the season for the first time last year, and it was a waste. No Husker games IIRC, and since I had just gotten HD I really liked watching games in HD rather than the game plan games in SD.

Our early season PPV games are NOT on ESPN game plan. ESPN has nothing to do with those games.

Do you live in or near Nebraska? Then forget it. If ABC or ESPN is carrying the game, you'll see it without game plan. Game plan is mainly for regional games that you don't get locally. And if you're outside the midwest, you're probably better off spending the $20 the once or twice Nebraska might be on.

When they game plan goes HD, I'm a lot more likely to buy in. Or like Carl said, if you just want as much college football as you can get, go for it, but they were mostly second tier games I didn't care that much about. But you have the flexibility to switch out a boring game to one that looks to be closer.

oh yeah, and check this place out for all known cfb tv schedules. http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

They do a nice job of keeping up and it will tell you when things are picked up by ESPN or another channel. None of the stations have the entire season set in stone, and some decisions regarding televising a game aren't made for at least two weeks before a game.

If it's only ESPN/ABC you're concerned about, you can always check here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

I buy it every year, best buy for the money out there.

But I love college football, and like seeing the teams that are in the race, possible matchups in the bowls.

Most are in HD that I have seen the last few years, because most are the regional games that you are watching.

PPV is not a problem, you only get so many chances to see the HUSKERS guys, a very short season so I watch them each and everytime I can.

When we start winning we will see more of the Huskers on ABC/ESPN gameday.

Most are in HD that I have seen the last few years, because most are the regional games that you are watching.

I have Dish, and none of the games on the Game Plan channels were in HD. Do you get them in HD on cable? I understand that they have HD cameras at these games, but they simply aren't carried in HD on Dish.

Dang, now I'm jealous. Most of my Gameplan games were crappy quality (at least it was on Comcast cable) no matter how they were originally presented, and definitely nothing in HD.

I was hoping to see if there was a difference between Gameplan on Dish versus cable, even minus HD, but now that I'll be getting espn360, I'm not even bothering spending the cash on it this year. Maybe next year I'll go back to it on the big screen again, and hopefully the HD broadcasts will have finally hit Gameplan on Dish.