Suh a Heisman Winner?

Suh winning the heisman? Not a chance. Not because he isn't great, but defensive tackles don't win that award....

If Suh has 5 interceptions returned for touchdowns, 5 fumble recoveries for touchdowns, 5 passes caught for touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns he will win the Heisman. I guarantee it.

That being said, one of the best defensive players ever to play this game (Charles Woodson) still had a difficult time pulling this award in when voting was probably more about ability than glamour than it is today. Suh is probably going to get talked about if he has the hyped year he is projected to. He will win the defensive awards and go #1-5 making some serious cash so what does he care?

After doing a bit of research into the Heisman trophy winners and runner ups.

http://www.heisman.com/winners/hsmn-winner...ml#winners-year

38 RB's have won the Heisman, 27 QB's, 3 FB's, 2 WR's, 2 END's, and 1 CB.

I so it looks like only 3 Defensive players have ever won the Heisman, and the last one was Charles Woodson back in 1997.

So its not a stretch to say Suh wont make the list of Heisman trophy prospects, but to win it seems like an outlandish remark since the attention will be on Bradford, McCoy and Tebow.

I lost all respect for the Heisman when Tommie did not win it and since then the "winners" have been questionable at that. The media has made a mockery of the award. They say the best player in college football, but if you have more than 1 loss you do not have a chance to win the trophy.

even crouch?

The Heisman trophy has become a joke. It rarely goes to the best player in college football. Instead it usually goes to the the player with the gaudiest statistics.

Put Sam Bradford at Iowa State, Tim Tebow at Duke, Colt McCoy at Syracuse and ask yourself this question: If these guys were on those teams, without the awesome supporting cast they have on their respective teams, would they do as well as they did last season? No chance in hell.

Now reverse the question: Would N. Suh do just as well on another team? More than likely yes.

While I agree somewhat with this, I still think it's kind of apples and oranges. There are certain levels to being a good football players, things like great coaching and the players around you. If those quarterbacks wouldn't successful at those schools, then it is also possible that Suh wouldn't do as well at another.

But, back to the point, I agree that the Heisman is a joke. Completely unfair, and much more deserving of the more common name "Hypesman". It's all about numbers and what you do with your team. Rush for 2,600 yards but your team only wins three games? No Heisman. Rush for 1,900 yards and your team loses one game that year? Pack your bags for New York.