NU's Coverage Team Outlook for 2009

Fuzzy

Considering NU is a Big 12 defense, Is it really that big of a stretch? :dunno

You were saying FAU threw for 255 yards against Texas like it was a big deal.

Who didn't throw for huge yards against Texas last year?

Now, if you would have said FAU threw for 255 yards against a TCU, Florida, or Alabama, that would have been saying something.

I don't understand the argument here. Texas was 105th in pass D, allowing 259.4 ypg. Nebraska was 89th, with 231.4 ypg. Where is the huge discrepancy? FAU throwing for 255 against Texas is saying something because NU wasn't much better than Texas was last year.

Passing yards allowed vs. similar opponents.

Texas vs. CU- 217, NU- 249

OU- 386, NU- 315

MU- 318, NU- 261

TT- 474, NU- 284

KU- 258, NU- 304

BU- 71, NU- 134

Other than the Texas Tech game, in which NU's offense played as large a roll in holding down Tech's passing production as the secondary did. Then NU and Texas are about as even as it gets. Sorry if this rankles some fans feathers, but the truth is, NU was lucky to place in the top 90 in pass defense with the secondary they fielded last year.

I don't understand the argument here. Texas was 105th in pass D, allowing 259.4 ypg. Nebraska was 89th, with 231.4 ypg. Where is the huge discrepancy? FAU throwing for 255 against Texas is saying something because NU wasn't much better than Texas was last year.

Yeah, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying it like Texas was some great D last year and FAU still threw for 255 yards.

Gotcha.

Other than the Texas Tech game, in which NU's offense played as large a roll in holding down Tech's passing production as the secondary did. Then NU and Texas are about as even as it gets. Sorry if this rankles some fans feathers, but the truth is, NU was lucky to place in the top 90 in pass defense with the secondary they fielded last year.

Yeah, secondary had really nothing to do with Texas Tech's "lack" of offensive production in that game.

NU's secondary needs to improve this year in order for Nebraska to be considered a good defensive team.

Sorry if this rankles some fans feathers, but the truth is, NU was lucky to place in the top 90 in pass defense with the secondary they fielded last year.

Even if our D-line had more interceptions together than anyone in our secondary. :P

*edit* Ok, after what i said, i realized i messed up. Our D-line/LB corp equaled our secondaries INT;s last year. But even then, im sorry to say this as a Husker fan, but that is pathetic.

Last year before the season the coaches were saying the DL would be the strength even though they were horrible the year before. If the coaches are saying the secondary is going to be a strength, I believe them. It's not like we don't have the athletes there to be better. They'll probably start out a little shaky, but I think we'll be just fine in the secondary. The LB's concern me.

Last year before the season the coaches were saying the DL would be the strength even though they were horrible the year before. If the coaches are saying the secondary is going to be a strength, I believe them. It's not like we don't have the athletes there to be better. They'll probably start out a little shaky, but I think we'll be just fine in the secondary. The LB's concern me.

I was going to bring this up to, but did the coaches actually say the secondary will the the strength, or did someone on the board claim it will be?

I was going to bring this up to, but did the coaches actually say the secondary will the the strength, or did someone on the board claim it will be?

I havent heard anything about a certain part of the defense being the strength, i have heard from the coaches that some aspects of the defense have gotten better. Though we dont know how much better.