To Replace Sloan

I have heard from several places that It was Nebraska who cooled on Sloan, not the other way around. If that is the case, then I assume there must be more promising targets who either have more potential, or less grade issues, or whatever.

Here are the other CBs that show interest on Rivals.

Derron Smith - 3Star, Offers from Nevada, UNLV, etc... OFFICIAL VISIT 9/11

Khiry McCay - 3Star, only offer is Duke

Ciante Evans - 3Star, offers from most B12 North Schools...Official set to Utah

Tony Hurd Jr. - 3 Star, offers from everywhere around the nation

Adam Dixon - 2 star, no offers

Jonathan Mack - 2 stars, offers from Nebraska, Iowa State, UNLV

Joshua Mitchel - 2 stars, offers from Nebraska, Colorado State, Nevada... OFFICIAL - 11/6

That about sums it up...there are a few others, but If it was was Nebraska that cooled on Sloan I wonder if they are planning on replacing him with one of these guys. If not, then I hope we did not cool on him, but rather he changed his mind as any one has the right to do. Hard to know who will end up in our class.

Oh yeah, 17-18 recruits may be a small class, but it isn't microscopic. 17-18 still gives us quite a bit of room to sign a variety of players. That isn't a good excuse anymore for going cold on recruits.

sure they have talent but they aren't four star guy or rated what 16th best corner in the country so i guess we are downsizing to replace him

Odd that the #16 21 CB in the country has no offers from the top teams in the country. Considering where these lower rated players are going:

24 Victor Hampton DB 5-11/170 Florida

25 Tyrann Mathieu DB 5-10/175 LSU

26 Derek Owens DB 5-11/180 Georgia

29 Aaron Colvin DB 6-0/180 Oklahoma

70 Deion Belue DB 6-0/175 Alabama

I'm thinking the outlier here is the Rivals ratings.

OTOH he's better than what this class has right now at CB which is nothing. :hmmph

I guess we'll see what happens come signing day.

sure they have talent but they aren't four star guy or rated what 16th best corner in the country so i guess we are downsizing to replace him

Odd that the #16 21 CB in the country has no offers from the top teams in the country. Considering where these lower rated players are going:

OTOH he's better than what this class has right now at CB which is nothing. :hmmph

well we can disagree.... but someone will be regardless about this kid.... i hope your right and it wont be us........

all i am saying it was better to have 3rd rated prospect our to ARK and 21 rater CB rather than no CB or some guy signing up from the bottom of the board....

well we can disagree.... but someone will be regardless about this kid.... i hope your right and it wont be us........

all i am saying it was better to have 3rd rated prospect our to ARK and 21 rater CB rather than no CB or some guy signing up from the bottom of the board....

Just because a prospect is rated lower by Rivals doesn't mean that they are at the bottom of the board.

Would you also say that it is better to have the 3rd rated propect in Arkansas and 21st rated CB sign, then not qualify, then it would be to sign a guy from the bottom of the board and actually have them make it to campus?

Would you also say that it is better to have the 3rd rated propect in Arkansas and 21st rated CB sign, then not qualify, then it would be to sign a guy from the bottom of the board and actually have them make it to campus?

particularly when the kid immediately made it clear that the word "commitment" meant little to him. the days of getting "stars" on campus at all costs are over.

particularly when the kid immediately made it clear that the word "commitment" meant little to him. the days of getting "stars" on campus at all costs are over.

i've also heard that NU lost its steam on this kid for various reasons... regardless its been more downs than up during this recruiting season and we saw a small sampling of this during last years recruiting process... where there is smoke there is often fire..... cant blame people for assuming the worst based on all thats happening this year...... :restore

cant blame people for assuming the worst based on all thats happening this year.....

yes, i can. it's embarrassing how some of "the greatest fans in college football" have been wailing and gnashing their teeth over early recruiting returns, particularly when it's been a recruiting dead period over the summer.

we had a good recruiting class last year. i'd be willing to bet we'll have another one this year. we're not going to get back to "great" recruiting classes until we earn back two of NU's biggest selling points: winning and coaching continuity. we're on our way, but this chicken little act by a vocal segment of our online fans isn't doing much to help our other main selling point: fan support.

take a deep breath, the season's here and we can all quit over-analyzing every quote that comes out of a teenager's mouth.

cant blame people for assuming the worst based on all thats happening this year.....

yes, i can. it's embarrassing how some of "the greatest fans in college football" have been wailing and gnashing their teeth over early recruiting returns, particularly when it's been a recruiting dead period over the summer.

dont tell that to practially all of the Big 12 teams who already have double digit commits.....

big the greatest fans in the world doesnt mean you have to be silent and grin and bear it

dont tell that to practially all of the Big 12 teams who already have double digit commits.....

big the greatest fans in the world doesnt mean you have to be silent and grin and bear it

So not being silent to you is complaining on a message board? Why not express your concerns in an e-mail to Tom Osborne, Bo Pelini, or Ted Gilmore? Make sure to let us know how it goes.

Here is Bo Pelini's secretary's e-mail address: lleupold@huskers.com

Here is Ted Gilmore's: triggins@huskers.com

Here's Tom Osborne's assistant: ahackbart@huskers.com

You could always try bpelini@huskers.com, tgilmore@huskers.com, or tosborne@huskers.com as well, as the format among the assistants is consistent. If you really don't want to "grin and bear it", voice your concerns to those that can effect change.

remind me, what trophy do they hand out for most verbal commitments in september? how many studs did we have signed up at this time last year? how'd that class turn out?

other than the programs that we will never out recruit regularly (OU, texas and probably A&M), i'm not sure any of the others look all that great (if you're going by those all-seeing sages at rivals). OSU's looks pretty good, and the've certainly taken more recruits from us than i'd care to see, but they're also a top 10 team that has beaten the crap out of us on the field the last couple times we've played. we'll see how things look if they don't live up to the hype and we continue to show improvement.

besides, for someone that seems to care so much about recruiting rankings, would you really be happy with an average star rating of 2.36? only four four stars out of 22 players? would you be happy with KU's class?