cody green is very unlikely to play a down this season imo...

Bo said in a recent interview that, "we will play our starter at qb until something is wrong, i have confidence in zac" or something along those lines.

unless we lose lee then there is no reason to burn a redshirt for green. if it were lees senior year then yeah by all means let green play but lee is a junior and will be back next season. so why waste greens redshirt when he will in all likelyhood not be starting for two years? that will leave us with another 2 year starter when we could have a 3 year starter!

i for one will be kind of dumbfounded if we burn his redshirt especially when we have washington that can also run the offense and if green is ahead as has beed said i doubt it is by that much!

i know most people want them to burn the redshirt........but why? explain to me why thats a good idea?

Just playing devil's advocate...Vick and Young both took a redshirt year, and never used their full 4. Would they have stepped in better by getting a few snaps in their true freshman year?

If he's going to be great, should we play him right away?

If he's going to be a flop, a la Beck, should we find out now?

If he's going to be average, would we be better off with Gabbert or whoever in his 5th year?

Back to reality, IMO you get Lee all of the snaps he needs to be ready for VT and Big 12 play. After that, you get the #2 QB a few snaps if you can so he can step in if Lee gets hurt, or isn't getting the job done. If #2 is Green, so be it.

Why would you get your #3 game experience over your #2?????

That's poor coaching IMO...

You guys are worrying about a stupid redshirt WAY TO MUCH....

This isn't the 70's anymore....

Freshman play ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE......

Cody Green is our NUMBER 2 QB, if the situation calls for the #2 QB you will see CODY GREEN in the game. If the situation arises and Washington comes in, I will be very suprised and eat my crow. But it's a silly thought process to think you play your NUMBER 3 so that your number 2 can wait until next year...

Chalk me up as one of the guys that thinks Green should redshirt.

Cody Green is very raw. A year of honing his skills more will do wonders for him in his development into a great Big 12 quarterback.

If only Spano wouldn't have tore his acl....again....

You have to deal with Injuries, it's part of the game..

So say we get Washington snaps in mop up duty, then Lee gets hurt in the OU game and is out for the rest of the season.... Green is a starter with NO game experience playing against KU for the Big XII North title....

I'll just go back to what the coaches have said many times..... "The best Players play"..... "We can't worry about red-shirts"...............

but you havent even seen lee play...what makes you think green will overtake lee next season even tho the coaches also rave about lee?

the same thing that makes you think this

i for one will be kind of dumbfounded if we burn his redshirt especially when we have washington that can also run the offense and if green is ahead as has beed said i doubt it is by that much!

What makes you think that?

but you havent even seen lee play...what makes you think green will overtake lee next season even tho the coaches also rave about lee?

the same thing that makes you think this

What makes you think that?

the reason i think that is because the coaches said that green only passed washington a week ago! how much better can he be?

it would be stupid to put green in for 5 minutes of the probably 5 games that we have big enough of a lead in to put in the backup......he would be doing that for two years more than likely! because unless he just explodes then i really really doubt green overtakes lee next year.

so if lee does not get hurt then why waste a redshirt (or another year of having a starting quality qb) when you can have washington play the mop up duty...again if green were going to start next season then i would be all for it but there is a 10% chance of that happening!!!!!!!!