A tale of two games

Power-I

I guess if you want another example, how about the beloved Florida Gators, giving up nearly as many yards as we did, except they were playing a FCS school that doesn't even belong on the same field as teams in our division. No matter though. Florida is another of ESPN's beloved schools. Only good things to say here, except the blurb at the end where they allow Meyer to make excuse after excuse for their poor play.

You can't really argue that ESPN wasn't expecting a good D out of Florida.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292480057

Anyway, I think I'm done with this thread if you're going to flip over a single line in a recap that is otherwise very, very positive. If you come up with anything better to post, I'll consider continuing the discussion.

Haha, i know I shouldn't care. ESPN just burns me up, and has ever since the mid-90's with their coverage of some teams vs. others. It isn't necessarily always against Nebraska.

I'm sorry but that is just mind boggling. That is not that many yards. IMO a line like that doesn't belong unless its a number that would actually make your head turn- like many times in 2007. I'm not a fan of the whole ESPN being biased against us, but that was just a dumb stat to have written.

I think you're trying to be balanced to the point of deferential.

Excellent diagnosis, doctor.

ESPN markets a product. They upsell the product they feel they can make the most money with and and downsell those they feel are less profitable. We are not a major part of their business model, therefore they focus their branding on other products. It's pretty basic economics.

I think you're trying to be balanced to the point of deferential.

Excellent diagnosis, doctor.

ESPN markets a product. They upsell the product they feel they can make the most money with and and downsell those they feel are less profitable. We are not a major part of their business model, therefore they focus their branding on other products. It's pretty basic economics.

We have a fan base that can ruin their polls, but we aren't a major part of their model?

At this point everyone knows ESPN is probably the least intelligent source of news for anything sports related. If you want better graphics on your HD screen, they're the outfit for you. But as far as real analysis goes, they're so far behind the local pack that it's embarrassing. I don't know if they have it out for Nebraska or not, but I do know that they must be getting some kind of under the table revenue stream to pump Notre Dame football as often as possible.

Their shallow coverage of anything not Florida, USC, or Notre Dame related is downright boring. Thank God for the internet and local radio. The guys around the area may be homers, but they do a hell of a lot better job covering the Big XII than the ESPN simpletons.

At this point everyone knows ESPN is probably the least intelligent source of news for anything sports related. If you want better graphics on your HD screen, they're the outfit for you. But as far as real analysis goes, they're so far behind the local pack that it's embarrassing. I don't know if they have it out for Nebraska or not, but I do know that they must be getting some kind of under the table revenue stream to pump Notre Dame football as often as possible.

Their shallow coverage of anything not Florida, USC, or Notre Dame related is downright boring. Thank God for the internet and local radio. The guys around the area may be homers, but they do a hell of a lot better job covering the Big XII than the ESPN simpletons.

I agree 100%! :espnsucks: