Virginia Tech Game

I know its early.....but I can't contain myself. Me and 4 buddies will be at the game and I was wondering where everyone will be tailgating? We got parking pass for Lot 15A so hopefully that works out well. Also I was wondering whar kind of hype this game is generating in terms of Husker fan attendance? While it probably won't compare to the 2001 Notre Dame game, I could see us shocking some people with the amount of fans we bring to this game. I was at the Wake Forest game two years ago that became a sea of red and this is a much bigger game. Any thoughts?

I know its early.....but I can't contain myself. Me and 4 buddies will be at the game and I was wondering where everyone will be tailgating? We got parking pass for Lot 15A so hopefully that works out well. Also I was wondering whar kind of hype this game is generating in terms of Husker fan attendance? While it probably won't compare to the 2001 Notre Dame game, I could see us shocking some people with the amount of fans we bring to this game. I was at the Wake Forest game two years ago that became a sea of red and this is a much bigger game. Any thoughts?

I'm hoping to make it. I've talked the girlfriend into selling our BC @ Clemson tix to see if we can get some reasonable tix to this game, since she only lives about 3 hours from VT. If anyone knows of an extra pair of tickets, holler at the cactus.

Hey guys, welcome to Blacksburg. As for the tailgating questions, I am sure you will find Huskers tailgating all over the place, but typically you will find a large number of visiting fans in the lots by Prices Fork (the side where you find most of the academic buildings). If you use the following link you will find a nice map of campus

http://www.vt.edu/where_we_are/maps/campus-map-highres.pdf

You will also find lots of bars/restaurants on Main Street (on the right side of the map) which is fun to hang out prior to the game. As in Lincoln, wear your jerseys and enjoy the hometown folks talking football with you.

If you have other specific questions the following link has all kinds of good information for visitors:

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/fanguide.html

Also, feel free to send me a message if you have any other specific questions about Blacksburg, Lane, etc.

Can't wait to see you all next weekend! Good luck to you all against Arkansas State.

If you don't have a parking pass and don't have to tailgate can you suggest a place to start looking for parking spots? Also, wanting to see the memorial while on campus. Where is that located?

I assume knapplc is referring to Lincoln in his response to you. You will find plenty of parking at either Blacksburg HS or MS. There is a shuttle that will take you from these two locations directly to Lane. However, there are plenty of churches, yards etc. I have a few "free" places that I tell friends to park (without getting towed). If you want directions back-channel me and I will give you more specific instructions.

The memorial is on the Drill field in the center of campus which again is right in front of Norris Hall (where a majority of the incidents took place). If you walk around campus you can not miss it. It is a big open field about twice the size of a football field. The memorial will be on the opposite side of where Lane is. It is a nice walk and I am sure there will be lots of people hanging out there on game day (or the day before). It will take you 10-15 minutes to walk from there to Lane.