Your Chance To Be Big 12 Commissioner

sarge87

This exercise will make you Big 12 Commissioner for a day.

Given the problems some teams have had fielding competitive teams, or teams expressing interest in moving to other conferences....

Do you toss the weak sisters and add different teams from other conferences to keep the league at 12 teams?

Do you add some more teams, keeping the base, to increase the league's size?

Make sure when making changes, it is geographically advantageous to the team for logistical purposes when travelling.

You make the call.

Big 12 North

Colorado

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Nebraska

Big 12 South

Baylor

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas AM

Texas Tech

No prizes or anything for this. Just an interesting exercise on what you think would strengthen the Big 12 Conference.

The first thing that needs to be fixed is the pathetic TV contracts the Big 12 has.

As for the teams, they are what they are and they make sense. It's just too bad they all don't show the same emphasis when it comes to athletic excellence as do the conference leaders.

With basketball and football being the money makers for all athletic departments a fine for poor fielding should be implemented. Figure out where all Big 12 teams should finish nationally in football and basketball and go from there. If they don't finish where they should and are doing whatever it takes to finish high, then off with their heads in terms of revenue sharing.

But if we are kicking out the pathetic, then ISU goes and we bring in Arkansas (maroon for maroon) along with KSU out for TCU (Purple for purple). We move OU to the north and slide TCU to the south.

The first thing that needs to be fixed is the pathetic TV contracts the Big 12 has.

As for the teams, they are what they are and they make sense. It's just too bad they all don't show the same emphasis when it comes to athletic excellence as do the conference leaders.

With basketball and football being the money makers for all athletic departments a fine for poor fielding should be implemented. Figure out where all Big 12 teams should finish nationally in football and basketball and go from there. If they don't finish where they should and are doing whatever it takes to finish high, then off with their heads in terms of revenue sharing.

But if we are kicking out the pathetic, then ISU goes and we bring in Arkansas (maroon for maroon) along with KSU out for TCU (Purple for purple). We move OU to the north and slide TCU to the south.

Any thoughts on sending CU to the Pac 10 or MWC and maybe trying to recruit Utah or Boise St. as their replacement?

After speaking with some texas ppl, I'd change it up a bit... :LOLtartar

Yankee Division

Colorado

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Nebraska

Baylor

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Confederate Rebel Division

Texas

Texas AM

Texas Tech

Or

Six Shooters and Hoe Down Division

Texas

Texas AM

Texas Tech

And the new Big 12 logo:

istockphoto_8567483-confederate-rebel-flag.jpg

Any thoughts on sending CU to the Pac 10 or MWC and maybe trying to recruit Utah or Boise St. as their replacement?

Either of those two would be great with me.

First and foremost we need to fix the TV contracts, and probably get our own network. If Texas starts crying, stick a dead horse's head in the ADs bed. We have got pitiful television coverage compared to the SEC (or even the ACC for that matter).

Secondly, AT LEAST one north team needs to be booted in favor of Iowa. While Iowa isn't a powerhouse, they will be competitive, unlike CU, ISU, or KSU. If Iowa refuses, stick a dead horse's head in the ADs bed.

Third, get it so Nebraska and Oklahoma play annually. Not only will this boost our national prestige, it brings one of the two great rivalries back into existence, as well as help our recruiting. With Bo Pelini we can make this a game that shakes the earth again.

Bottom line, the Big XII is a great conference with miserable managing. The North needs a booster shot in the worst way. As for the south, they do fine because 4/6 teams are in Texas, and the rest border Texas. With that recruiting base it's expected they will hold a slight edge over the north, but I think the real problem in the cold-weather states is coaching. We've got a sorry league of coaching up here, and that needs to change. Bringing in a school like Iowa has the advantage of solidifying another state and especially on defense the coaching is top notch.

Those are mine. That would at least be a start.

I know some of you like to kick a dog when it is down, but put away the crack pipe, rewind the clock and you all were the embarrassment of the conference. There are a whole slew of teams without a Big 12 title or division title ahead of CU. Second, no one is going to leave the Big 10, the Big 10 has one of the most lucrative TV contracts in college football. So your fantasy about bringing in a Big 10 team and having them give up ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 Network is absurd. Third, Arkansas won't leave the SEC because the SEC is the #1 conference in college football and they have proved in the past of being able to compete. So if you want to expel a team in exchange for someone else you would have to promote and not try and get someone demoted, which means either MWC or Conference USA. The only logical team would be TCU and one would need to ask if it would be worth getting thrust into a division against UT, OU, and Texas Tech or let them continue their chances against BYU and Utah? The MWC is proving that they can sneek in a BCS team with some regularity now even without the auto-tie in. Why lose that in exchange for middle of the pack Big 12?

I know some of you like to kick a dog when it is down, but put away the crack pipe, rewind the clock 2 years ago and you all were the embarrassment of the conference. There are a whole slew of teams without a Big 12 title or division title ahead of CU. Second, no one is going to leave the Big 10, the Big 10 has one of the most lucrative TV contracts in college football. So your fantasy about bringing in a Big 10 team and having them give up ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 Network is absurd. Third, Arkansas won't leave the SEC because the SEC is the #1 conference in college football and they have proved in the past of being able to compete. So if you want to expel a team in exchange for someone else you would have to promote and not try and get someone demoted, which means either MWC or Conference USA. The only logical team would be TCU and one would need to ask if it would be worth getting thrust into a division against UT, OU, and Texas Tech or let them continue their chances against BYU and Utah? The MWC is proving that they can sneek in a BCS team with some regularity now even without the auto-tie in. Why lose that in exchange for middle of the pack Big 12?

I'm not personally kicking while you're down, but some things just make sense to do. Regardless of your current coaching woes, to me it just makes more logical sense to have CU in the MWC. It doesn't matter to me how good or bad a team is currently in my decision. If we're talking sheer embarrassments to the conference alone, I'd boot ISU before CU.

By the way, I think CU's season is starting to get to you - you're repeating yourself. :)

I know some of you like to kick a dog when it is down, but put away the crack pipe, rewind the clock and you all were the embarrassment of the conference. There are a whole slew of teams without a Big 12 title or division title ahead of CU. Second, no one is going to leave the Big 10, the Big 10 has one of the most lucrative TV contracts in college football. So your fantasy about bringing in a Big 10 team and having them give up ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 Network is absurd. Third, Arkansas won't leave the SEC because the SEC is the #1 conference in college football and they have proved in the past of being able to compete. So if you want to expel a team in exchange for someone else you would have to promote and not try and get someone demoted, which means either MWC or Conference USA. The only logical team would be TCU and one would need to ask if it would be worth getting thrust into a division against UT, OU, and Texas Tech or let them continue their chances against BYU and Utah? The MWC is proving that they can sneek in a BCS team with some regularity now even without the auto-tie in. Why lose that in exchange for middle of the pack Big 12?

Easy Beach Buffs, no offense, but it is no secret that many CU fans on the home team message boards have wanted a shot to get into the Pac 10 for years.

imo the whole kick a team idea is stupid. why do people want to get rid of easy wins anyway? At some point some one comes along and says why dont i make one conference that is Florida Alabama OU UT USC, you get the idea. Then YAY its tons of fun when college football has (pick one) a super talented team that doesn't win a game or only wins a couple. But, I just don't generally see things the same as everyone else- I don't think its realistic or fair to think this conference is hands down best, this one worst, w/e.

The main thing to consider, is that having cross division games with the champ game hurts the conference. Best option, imo is to add two teams to each division, and only play your division.

The other thing that needs to looked at is division make-up. It might be a good idea to not call it north and south and change the makeup each couple years or so based on rankings or whatnot.