Tuesday Presser

caveman99

I thought Bo was pretty funny today, he seemed in a really good mood. Two things he said that stood out to me. Asked whether or not this squad practices better than last year he said emphatically yes. Asked about how his team stands up talent wise to VT, he wouldn't comment on specifics but he said that they have a solid shot to win the game. I know that sounds like Coach speak when you read it, but the way he said it struck me. You can almost feel the confidence he has in this team.

What everyone seems to be forgetting in all the V-tech chatter is that we had those guys by the balls last year in Lincoln and let them go. It was a close game that was ultimately decided by a pair of unfortunate penalties. There's no rewriting history here, we got beat, but if we'd played them at the end of the year as opposed to the beginning, I think we would have had a Clemson-like victory.

What everyone seems to be forgetting in all the V-tech chatter is that we had those guys by the balls last year in Lincoln and let them go. It was a close game that was ultimately decided by a pair of unfortunate penalties. There's no rewriting history here, we got beat, but if we'd played them at the end of the year as opposed to the beginning, I think we would have had a Clemson-like victory.

I definitely agree with you there. Last year that loss vs Texas Tech at home was a heartbreaker, I don't think alot of ppl expected us to be close in the game in Lubbock but we took them to OT. This saturday could very well be the same, I know they are two different teams but it's an opportunity for a road win over a ranked opponent. Bo Big Red!

How exactly did we "have them by the balls"? The Huskers were down by 18 at one point and I don't even remember it feeling at all close. Sure there was a late surge to make a comeback and we all know the final score.

Sorry, but I got on a Jayhawk fan about claiming to "almost beat the Sooners", with just about the same result - a score that looks closer than the game felt.

How exactly did we "have them by the balls"? The Huskers were down by 18 at one point and I don't even remember it feeling at all close. Sure there was a late surge to make a comeback and we all know the final score.

Sorry, but I got on a Jayhawk fan about claiming to "almost beat the Sooners", with just about the same result - a score that looks closer than the game felt.

It was a 35-30 game when our offense was playing stellar in the fourth. If our defense gets a stop and gets the ball back, we probably march down and score. Point being, it was not an out of hand game, whatever you felt about it.