This just in...

n.e.husker

It's the ACC's last chance until Miami plays OU. This will be the measuring stick game with one of the top ACC teams playing one of the top Big 12 teams. This weekend is nothing more than one of the top ACC teams playing an almost middle of the pack as of right now Big 12 teams. Since it's a nationally televised game, of course the media is making a big deal of it THIS week. However, at the end of the day it isn't. VT already had their big stage against Alabama and blew it.

WOW

Now NU is middle of the pack. Things can't change that drastically when for the past two weeks all I have been reading on this board is how NU is back and has a chance to win the north in preparation for the NC next year. I am optimistic about the game tomorrow, but I have already noticed around me people trying to down playing the importance of this game in case of a loss.

The ACC has been tetering down at the bottom of the BCS conferences with the Big East for the past couple of years.

I'll take issue with that. Last year, the ACC had a 15-13 record against non-con BCS+Mountain West opponents. That's behind only the Mountain West (10-5) and the PAC-10 (13-11). And that PAC-10 record is fraudulent when you consider how poorly they performed against the WAC.

During 2007, the ACC went 15-8 against non-con BCS opponents, which was by far the best non-con BCS record of the BCS conferences. The ACC also played one of the toughest non-con BCS schedules, their non-con BCS opponents went 174-117 on the year. That's second only in toughness to the PAC-10.

I still think the SEC and Big 12 are superior, but I think it's a mistake to put them in the same category at the bottom with the Big East and Big Ten.