I can't believe we let them have the ball back!!!

:boxosoap How many times over the years have we seen VT get out played and them win in the last seconds of the game. Why in God's name didn't we go for it on 4th and 1. I knew when they got the ball back with a minute and a half to go, we were sunk. They make a living on this type of crap. :rant

I just want to cry, WE HAD THE GAME WON!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Absolutely . . . 100% disagree. In fact I disagree even more than that. Our defense had been OWNING them all day. Pinning them deep was absolutely totally the right call.

It didn't work. That doesn't change the fact that it was the right call. Hindsight does stupid things.

I think you are missing my point, VT seems to have an angel on their shoulder. No matter how great our defense was playing today (and they did play awesome), I didn't want them to have the ball back at any cost. They just seem to be blessed for some reason and when they had the ball and 1:51 left to go, I knew we were going to lose. Were do you think the phrase "Beemer Ball" comes from, the luck they seem to have.

I'll second the notion that Beemer has sold his soul to win football games.

Seriously. Living in VA, I hear the term "Beamer-ball" enough to make anyone puke. It means nothing more than play ugly, pull a few plays out of your butt and go home with a W. Give credit where it's due, the W is all that counts but my gosh enough with the canonizing.

Yeah, I'm bitter...don't mind me.

I'll second the notion that Beemer has sold his soul to win football games.

Seriously. Living in VA, I hear the term "Beamer-ball" enough to make anyone puke. It means nothing more than play ugly, pull a few plays out of your butt and go home with a W. Give credit where it's due, the W is all that counts but my gosh enough with the canonizing.

Yeah, I'm bitter...don't mind me.

Hey, we are all just venting. :box But, I think the Luck of the Irish left ND a long time ago and landed on VT!!! :koolaid2:

Helu wasn't stopped for negative yardage all day. Hell, I don't think Lee was stopped for negative yardage all day and we don't go for it...Unbelievable.

Helu was. Not long after they announced he rushed for a career high 170 yards, he was dropped for a 2 or 3 yard loss. He wasn't effective on numerous rushes in the 1st quarter either, when we had like -1 yards rushing or something as a team.

Helu wasn't stopped for negative yardage all day. Hell, I don't think Lee was stopped for negative yardage all day and we don't go for it...Unbelievable.

Helu was. Not long after they announced he rushed for a career high 170 yards, he was dropped for a 2 or 3 yard loss. He wasn't effective on numerous rushes in the 1st quarter either, when we had like -1 yards rushing or something as a team.

I stand corrected...