Recruiting is not an exact science

Welcome, Nameless Husker, to the black hole that is formerfan. Reason cannot reach into this empty pitt of despair, facts do not stir the unmoving muck that forms the substance of this space, and the fact that Rodney Picou ran a 4.9 means nothing in.... The formerfan zone. Cue crappy music.

All I have to say is........... :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol::woo Someone got served!!! :worship

Frank Soluch = Bill Belichik..... :wtf Last I checked, Bill Belichik has three super bowl rings, and was the offensive coordinator, which means he did call the plays and came up with the offensive schemes that Parcells used...... Just like Callahan did call the plays for the Oakland Raiders, and how Frank Solich never called the plays for TO. TO called every play, and Solich was so incompetant at it that he gave the duty away after he tried it as head coach. Crediting Solich with a scheme and play calling developed entirely by TO is like crediting Frank for seasons where he won with TO's recruits. Oh yeah, you allready do that. And by the way, Ahman was recruited by TO himself, and getting a guy out of Omaha to come to Nebraska isnt exactly rocket science.

:bang This is just comical, the person that makes overgeneralizations about every player, team, coach, school, conference,etc. trying to "break things down". Your only argument for Blake not doing much is Charles Haley. OK, what about Leon Lett or Russell Maryland becoming pro-bowlers under his guidance? Yeah, I realize Maryland was the #1 pick in the '91 draft, but a player does not reach their potential without some proper coaching. These 2 guys had talent, yes, but Blake helped turned them into pro-bowlers. I have watched the HuskerCentury shows, and I know about Solich. I wasn't saying he was worthless, you are saying Blake is worthless. You think what one had done as an assistant is far greater than another, eventhough Blake has OBVIOUSLY accomplished some things. I'm not even gonna go in depth on Cosgrove's 3 Rose Bowl rings, because I am sure that it will surely cause you migraine headaches. Solich has rings, Blake has rings, Cosgrove has rings. They are all good assistants.

I reiterate:

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

Do you understand that?

It sounds like billy c's nephew wrote this diatribe.

[No sarcasm here] May have been one of this guys first posts but it was a damn good effort, and years ahead of anything ive read from your hot air balloon excuse for a mouth EVER.

:yeah

Considering that your only decent contribution to this board is you avatar, I wouldnt start talking.

Frank Soluch = Bill Belichik..... :wtf Last I checked, Bill Belichik has three super bowl rings, and was the offensive coordinator, which means he did call the plays and came up with the offensive schemes that Parcells used...... Just like Callahan did call the plays for the Oakland Raiders, and how Frank Solich never called the plays for TO. TO called every play, and Solich was so incompetant at it that he gave the duty away after he tried it as head coach. Crediting Solich with a scheme and play calling developed entirely by TO is like crediting Frank for seasons where he won with TO's recruits. Oh yeah, you allready do that. And by the way, Ahman was recruited by TO himself, and getting a guy out of Omaha to come to Nebraska isnt exactly rocket science.

I guess since you didnt read where I said if you watched HuskerVision tape of the 98 OB, you will see how much input and influence FS had on those teams. Since Im sure you have not watched them, and are talking out of your backside, I'll let you get a copy and see what they are about. If I remember correctly, FS was the Freshman team head coach, and had a hand in the development of players such as Rozier, Green, Phillips, Jones, Brown, Dubose, Clark. As far as Omaha (or any NE kid) coming to NU being a slam dunk, think again. Green almost went to Tennesse, as did Jones. Frost went to Stanford, Bryant and Goode went to ND, and there was another highly rated db that went to Michigan recently, so its not a done deal.

And what does it matter if FS got it done with TOs recruits, he still GOT IT DONE, which is more than can be said about last years staff.

:bang This is just comical, the person that makes overgeneralizations about every player, team, coach, school, conference,etc. trying to "break things down".  Your only argument for Blake not doing much is Charles Haley.  OK, what about Leon Lett or Russell Maryland becoming pro-bowlers under his guidance?  Yeah, I realize Maryland was the #1 pick in the '91 draft, but a player does not reach their potential without some proper coaching.  These 2 guys had talent, yes, but Blake helped turned them into pro-bowlers.  I have watched the HuskerCentury shows, and I know about Solich.  I wasn't saying he was worthless, you are saying Blake is worthless.  You think what one had done as an assistant is far greater than another, eventhough Blake has OBVIOUSLY accomplished some things. I'm not even gonna go in depth on Cosgrove's 3 Rose Bowl rings, because I am sure that it will surely cause you migraine headaches.  Solich has rings, Blake has rings, Cosgrove has rings. They are all good assistants. 

I reiterate: 

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

Do you understand that?

Since you are having trouble comprehending something so simple, I'll try to make it very, very simple. I CAN have it both ways since both scenarios we are talking about are totally different, and are not related in any way what-so-ever.

By you saying that blake is the one who turned the Cowboys into a SB champ (even though they won it the year BEFORE he was there :wacko: ) you are also saying that Nelson Barnes was the reason that NU won the 97 NC, and he turned Wistrom into the Lombardi winner and Big 12 D POTY, even though Wistrom was an AA and the POTY the year before??? So all of Wistroms success can be atributed to the genius of Barnes, even though he was only there for Grants sr. season??? It makes no sense.

As far as cosgrovy, I dont hold much respect for the Rose Bowl games until they entered the BCS, the last few years. The only good team that was in those games was U of Wash in the early 90's (yes, I am purposely dissing 97 UM and 94 PuSsU). There is a reason why the fans were dancing in the streets of Madison when coz's ole buddy, billy c. hired him. And now we know why, NU went from a top 15 D, to a terrible D, and UW went from a terrible D to a top 10 D in the year he changed schools. But, nah, it wouldnt have ANYTHING to do with him, now would it :sarcasm .

By you saying that blake is the one who turned the Cowboys into a SB champ (even though they won it the year BEFORE he was there  :wacko: ) you are also saying that Nelson Barnes was the reason that NU won the 97 NC, and he turned Wistrom into the Lombardi winner and Big 12 D POTY, even though Wistrom was an AA and the POTY the year before??? So all of Wistroms success can be atributed to the genius of Barnes, even though he was only there for Grants sr. season??? It makes no sense.

I don't see where he said Blake is the one who led the Cowboys to the superbowl. His argument is he isn't as crappy of an assistant as you think he is.

And now we know why, NU went from a top 15 D, to a terrible D, and UW went from a terrible D to a top 10 D in the year he changed schools..

Ignoring all other factors at both schools, yea he is the difference. That wasn't the only difference, especially here at Nebraska and you know it. You are conveniently ignoring the fact that it was the third defensive system in three years, and the fact that some players were still bitter about the whole situation. How are those two things Cosgrove's fault?

All I have to say is .... Wow.

Since reading comprehension is obviously not formerman's strong suit, allow me to further clarify.

By you saying that blake is the one who turned the Cowboys into a SB champ.

Where was that stated? In fact, I pretty emphatically made it clear to everyone who is not you that is nowhere near what I said. Oh, and that comment about Wistrom/Barnes, that's priceless. Bad reading comprehension and bad correlation, DOUBLE THREAT GUY!

There is a reason why the fans were dancing in the streets of Madison when coz's ole buddy, billy c. hired him.

You have said this exact same thing in about 15 different posts, still doesn't make one lick of sense. What you have read is how people were glad he was gone when Wisconsin was 9-0 in October. I doubt if I were to go to Madison today I would see anyone dancing after they lost their last 3 games. There is no buzz about them for this season either. I believe I stated it best in this post:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...t=0entry20825

You didn't respond to it then, and nor do I expect you to now. You are wrong. You are just plain sad and wrong.

All I have to say is .... Wow.

Since reading comprehension is obviously not formerman's strong suit, allow me to further clarify.

By you saying that blake is the one who turned the Cowboys into a SB champ.

Where was that stated? In fact, I pretty emphatically made it clear to everyone who is not you that is nowhere near what I said. Oh, and that comment about Wistrom/Barnes, that's priceless. Bad reading comprehension and bad correlation, DOUBLE THREAT GUY!

There is a reason why the fans were dancing in the streets of Madison when coz's ole buddy, billy c. hired him.

You have said this exact same thing in about 15 different posts, still doesn't make one lick of sense. What you have read is how people were glad he was gone when Wisconsin was 9-0 in October. I doubt if I were to go to Madison today I would see anyone dancing after they lost their last 3 games. There is no buzz about them for this season either. I believe I stated it best in this post:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...t=0entry20825

You didn't respond to it then, and nor do I expect you to now. You are wrong. You are just plain sad and wrong.

Actually, the comprehension part is pretty simple for me but it obviously is a problem for you. Im just having problems with your twisted, illogical views. You are giving blake credit for winning SBs when the team was built, the coaching staff was in place, and a SB championship was won before he ever got there. HE DIDNT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN THEM WINNING 2 MORE SB'S!!!! :wtf If you had any sense of comprehension, the Nelson Barnes comparision is the EXACT same thing. There were great players and great coaches here that had won championships before he got here, and he wasnt the difference. Your inability and utter ignorance to recognize this is breathtaking. :blink: You are giving him the credit for winning the SB, and like Bohl and Barnes, I dont feel that blake deserves the credit for coming into a situation where everything was in place, and riding the gravy train.

As far as the fans in Madison not being happy after the last three games last year, I cant really comment on that as I am sure they were disappointed to lose those games. I can assure you, however, that they were not calling Lincoln and requesting coz's return.

I am right, plain right. What is sad is your inablity to recognize that these guys are not good coaches, and give me credit for nailing this thing on the head.

Awful hard to get in done with Franks recruits. Ask Frank, he went 17-10 with em, and he recruted them to run HIS offense.

In the math classes that I took, 17-10 is a much better record than 5-6, however.

It wasnt "good enough" but it was better than being home for the holidays.

we will see how Bill does with his own recruits four years from now, and I gaurentee that it will be better than 17-10. You do not have one logical scrap of information that proves that Solich was a good HEAD coach. He went 17-10 at fricken Nebraska once all of his own recruits were in place. This isnt Kansas, or Wake Forest, its Nebraska. At least we have evidence, which you always fail to see or discount because of your irrational hatred towards Callahan that things are going in the right direction. His offense works. It worked at times last year, even with JD running the thing like a three legged horse. The defense was great in a couple of games and has shown the potential to be consistenly good. We have pulled in a top five recruiting class, gotten the kind of athletes neccessary to run a modern offense, and have continued all of the great things off the field that make Nebraska great. 5-6 hurts, I know that it hurts, but hatred is borne of fear and fear can hold prisoner, only hope can set you free.

to answer your question rawhide, Solich had two years with his own recruits, in which he went 17-10 and 1-1 in bowl games. Prior to that he had 4 years borrowed time with TO's recruits, in which he went 42-9 and 2-2 in bowl games. Callahan has had no seasons with any of his own recruits that started, and has gone 5-6 with no bowl appearences. It looked like it was heading in that direction anyways.