Tough loss! But was this the best defese we"ll face this year?

ogalhskr

This was not the best defense we will face all year.

But i think this was the toughest loss we will face all year. I think after this, Lee will improve, reviewing his mistakes and learning from them will make him better.

This game couldve gone a lot worse for Lee, he could've been sacked several times, thrown countless INT's. He by no means did good, but he didnt do extremely bad either.

Tough loss for us, but what doesnt kill us, makes us stronger.

And the thing that I believe will fire the team up the most is they Know they had the game in the bag untill the end. I bet if u go back and play that Last drive 10 time's over i bet the D would not of allowed that to happen

Except this happened last year against T tech too.....It was like i was watching the same game

I agree. But After One loss I,m not ready to throw the Offense under the bus like so many other's I have seen seem to be. It is one loss to a relitivley good team. I mean honestly there is a reason that Vt has been ranked in the top 25 for the last 5 year's

I'm referring to the defense when they threw the deep ball to a wide open receiver for the win, but no i agree the offense will be fine. VT knew lee didn't have any experience in this kind of game so they just blitzed him every play like Washington did to usc today

And the thing that I believe will fire the team up the most is they Know they had the game in the bag untill the end. I bet if u go back and play that Last drive 10 time's over i bet the D would not of allowed that to happen

Except this happened last year against T tech too.....It was like i was watching the same game

I agree. But After One loss I,m not ready to throw the Offense under the bus like so many other's I have seen seem to be. It is one loss to a relitivley good team. I mean honestly there is a reason that Vt has been ranked in the top 25 for the last 5 year's

It all comes down to Lee. I don't know what happened to him in the second half.

Either

he had some kind of minor injury we didn't know about that was affecting his mechanics

or

at halftime someone told him he had a chance to end VT's 30+ home non-con win streak and win our first road victory against a top 20 team in 13 years, and he completely lost his mind and choked

Something wasn't right with him out there....hopefully it was something physical/mechanical that can be fixed.....but if it was psychological, we need to be worried about him in big games from here on out

I'm referring to the defense when they threw the deep ball to a wide open receiver for the win, but no i agree the offense will be fine. VT knew lee didn't have any experience in this kind of game so they just blitzed him every play like Washington did to usc today

Exactly, He will learn how to play the blitz and How to adapt on the fly. I,m disappointed But I,m not willing to hang the season On a game against the Number 13 team in the nation.

I don't think their defense played all that great. They gave up over six yards a carry in the running game so that aspect was far from impressive. They got some pressure on Lee but not a ton, and there were usually guys open (enough), Lee just wasn't hitting them. With good QB play we win this game by three scores, no question.

I agree. But After One loss I,m not ready to throw the Offense under the bus like so many other's I have seen seem to be. It is one loss to a relatively good team. I mean honestly there is a reason that Vt has been ranked in the top 25 for the last 5 year's

The problem is that this isnt just something new to this offense. Let go back and look what this offense has done against top defenses.

V Tech 2009 15 points, (away)

Oklahoma 28 points 2008 (away) which is nice but 4 turnover gave their offense 35-0 in the first quarter so how many of those point really matter?

Missouri 2008 17 points (Home)

V Tech 2008 30 points (Probably the most this offense has scored against anyone that was ranked with a good defense. oh forgot 7 points was because of swift punt return.

Kansas 2007 39 points (away) (Don't forget that Kansas toughest opponent that year during the season was Missouri therefore pumping up a OK defense ranking.)

Texas 2007 25 points (away)

Texas A&M 2007 14 points (Home) :facepalm:

Oklahoma State 2007 14 points (Homecoming) :facepalm::facepalm:

Missouri 2007 6 points (away)

USC 2007 (home) 31 points (how many were scored after the game was already decided?)

Auburn bowl game 2007 14 points

All of these were losses and some of these teams didn't even have good defenses. Sure I didn't include the times where Nebraska scored mega points and yardage against the K state or Colorado of the world. The premise is that this Watson west coast offense has yet to score more then 21 in a close game against a ranked team with a good to great defense.