VT lose will make the Huskers STRONGER

Apathy

Time for a grammar lesson for you people who can't grasp the present and past tense use of the word "lose".

"VT Lose will make the Huskers STRONGER" - No, the LOSS will

"Lets keep positive and supporting our Huskers in these tough loses" - No, tough LOSSES

Also see varying uses of the words 'Loose' 'Loosing' etc...It isn't that tough of a word, why do so many people massacre it? I'm pretty sure it was covered in 1st grade...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Lose

WOW really.....this is a message board and the internet....you'll see things like that a lot...get over it. If you're not going to talk about Husker football than go find a grammer message board instead since thats the only thing you're interested in.

How can you take anything seriously from someone who can't grasp the use of the word 'Lose'? Everything they say after that means nothing because obviously they are an idiot. That is my point. Hope the admin doesn't think the idiot call was a personal attack, because it is a general assumption of everyone that says "I think we will loose 4 games this year because we always are loosing the tough games" etc etc...

I'm sorry if I get upset over it, but it is one of my biggest pet peaves. I'm sure you have some also.

GBR

P.S. It's grammar, not grammer lol...sorry had to point it out...

Time for a grammar lesson for you people who can't grasp the present and past tense use of the word "lose".

"VT Lose will make the Huskers STRONGER" - No, the LOSS will

"Lets keep positive and supporting our Huskers in these tough loses" - No, tough LOSSES

Also see varying uses of the words 'Loose' 'Loosing' etc...It isn't that tough of a word, why do so many people massacre it? I'm pretty sure it was covered in 1st grade...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Lose

WOW really.....this is a message board and the internet....you'll see things like that a lot...get over it. If you're not going to talk about Husker football than go find a grammer message board instead since thats the only thing you're interested in.

How can you take anything seriously from someone who can't grasp the use of the word 'Lose'? Everything they say after that means nothing because obviously they are an idiot. That is my point. Hope the admin doesn't think the idiot call was a personal attack, because it is a general assumption of everyone that says "I think we will loose 4 games this year because we always are loosing the tough games" etc etc...

I'm sorry if I get upset over it, but it is one of my biggest pet peaves. I'm sure you have some also.

GBR

P.S. It's grammar, not grammer lol...sorry had to point it out...

Whoops...didn't realize you were the original poster defending yourself. Thought you were just replying to mine. lol, I'm probably going to be banned for the idiot comment, so I'll apologize now. Sorry.

Now that the English lesson is hopefully over, I would just like to say most of us were marking down VA Tech as a loss at the beginning of the season anyway. The fact it was just by one point and we were in it through the whole way is quite remarkable. Yes, we could have and should have won, but we didn't. I hate to quote a former coach, but the goal of Nebraska winning the Big 12 North and possibly making a BCS game are still well intact. Texas, Oklahoma, and the rest of the Big 12 South looks very beatable. Let's not go too to crazy (sorry, wanted to piss off the grammar nazi).