Replay officials

holvy83

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I can't beleive that the TD catch by Holt was not reviewed, to me it looked like he had control of the ball and a foot in the endzone and when he hit and rolled over the ball popped out. How was this not any different from the VT catch in the 1st qtr that they reviewed? I can't remember since I was heavy into the booze by then but didn't the guys calling the game question why that wasn't reviewed? I think they both said it looked like a TD to them??

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I can't beleive that the TD catch by Holt was not reviewed, to me it looked like he had control of the ball and a foot in the endzone and when he hit and rolled over the ball popped out. How was this not any different from the VT catch in the 1st qtr that they reviewed? I can't remember since I was heavy into the booze by then but didn't the guys calling the game question why that wasn't reviewed? I think they both said it looked like a TD to them??

Thats probably the main reason i didnt like the no review on the catch. VaTech had theirs looked at, but yet, when we make a difficult catch, its not. Personally i thought the ref was in a bad spot to see if Meno had complete control of the ball ( it looked to me he was on the backside of Meno and saw the ball pop out when he hit the ground and ruled it incomplete.

The refs probably should have reviewed it but the final ruling would have been the same. Holt needed to hold on to that ball.

Since the ball came out a challenge would have done us no good. In the endzone it is always looked at differently. Maybe a little better pass by Lee but Holt needs to come up with that catch. Thats what separates a decent reciever from a good or great one.

The refs probably should have reviewed it but the final ruling would have been the same. Holt needed to hold on to that ball.

Since the ball came out a challenge would have done us no good. In the endzone it is always looked at differently. Maybe a little better pass by Lee but Holt needs to come up with that catch. Thats what separates a decent reciever from a good or great one.

Right, no way should Bo have challenged it, we would have lost our final timeout. I think the play earlier in the game for VT had the refs initiate the review, the refs probably should have initiated a review of the Holt play but it wouldn't have changed anything. The rules are pretty clear.

Without question or argument, that was a TD. NU got screwed there.

The NCAA rules seem to say otherwise. Perhaps you should contact them and let the NCAA know their rulebook is wrong?

The NCAA rules seem to say otherwise. Perhaps you should contact them and let the NCAA know their rulebook is wrong?

It was a TD. NU got screwed, no matter how you try to spin it otherwise.

He caught the ball and was in bounds. NU got screwed. Period.