Irving Fryar Jr.

I owuld not count on Fryer getting a scholarship offer from Nebraska. He is low on the Nebraska recruiting chart food chain. Much better prospects out there then Fryer in my opinion who we have legit shots with.

Some guys we are heavily in on include the following (name/stars/rivals100 rank/Coach recruiting)

David Ausberry/5 stars/22nd/Wagner & Gilmore

Chris Bell/4 stars/40th/Elmassian

Brandon Caleb/4 stars/55th/Elmassian

Richard Jackson/4 stars/62nd/Rankdy Jordan

Quintin Hancock/NA/NA/Randy Jordan

Anthony Jones/NA/NA/Randy Jordan

Terrell Reese/NA/NA/Gilmore

Some guys we still have a chance with:

Carlton Salters/NA/NA/Randy Jordan

Markeith Summers/NA/NA/ Elmassian

That's just a small list, just to give you an idea of what other prospects we are looking at. His chances of getting an offer stand at about 10% right now

• 3 months later...

He may be low on NUs list but he still has "High" interest in the Huskers according to Scout. He is also High on the Badgers but has no offers yet.

This was in a recent article:

"They had Irv (Fryar) double-covered the whole night. I just made a move on the right and Jake (Pates) hit me with a beautiful ball and I was in there," said Reading of his play of the fourth quarter and game.

In the first half, Cherry Hill scored one touchdown and was poised to go in for another when Irving Fryar Jr. came up with an interception with 7:40 left in the opening half.

"From my understanding they were marching all the way down the field. I don't think I've had a ball caught on me all season. Can't nobody catch no balls on me," said the charismatic Fryar, whose teammates smiled and ate up every entertaining word that came out of his mouth. "I think it set our defense up a whole lot and that fourth-down goal line stand."

Fryar's teammates and coaches love him because he gives everyone so much support off the field. He supported them even more on the field when he grabbed a high 42-yard Pates pass to set up a Robinson 5-yard touchdown up the middle, which knotted the score at 7-7 with 5:40 remaining in the first half.

"Irv's our spiritual leader and Brian Perry... he sets the tone on the offensive and defensive lines," remarked Reising, who also got great games out of Tarr and Andrew Arroyo (18 tackles).

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=425708&rfi=6

It may be unlikely but it would be nice if he'd consider walking on or something. you can never have too many wide receivers and he sounds like a good leadership type player.

dedhoarse Hello, irving fryar jr. - wow, it would be interesting to see that name on a UN jersey again, wouldn't it? As for him getting a scholarship -

(1) he has not proved himself well enough to garner a schollie: 12 catches for 500 yards

(2) his father played 16 yrs in the nfl & aver. about 2 mill per yr, & has donated some big $ over the yrs to UN, so he paying for his child edu. is not out of the ?

(3) it is not out of the ? for jr to walk on, since he has good size 6'1" 185 & speed 4.5 to fit into UN's wco.

(4) plus, many kids have choosen their fathers univ. (e. manning - ms, dorsett jr pitt, klecko jr - temple, rodgers - UN, ect...) & some have gone to bigger & more exposed univ. then their fathers (sims - tx, p. manning - tn, payton jr - miami, winslow jr - miami, fouts - utah), - & all have done well even though they were all compared & scrutinized endlessly - which is something they most likely have grown used to

(5) this yr alone UN may get a few walk ons with familiar names - like press taylor, justin makovicka, & jason swift if they are asked to walk on, & slight chance of a schollie for matt harper or tyler bullock