The new regime

Twodocs

I am very much a fan of Pellini. He has great attributes and leadership. His staff is great and----

TO, Solich and Devaney all had similar tough losses. But, they really are not solving the problem they have that goes back to several loses or close loses due to problems in the Red Zone.

Coaching staffs adapt and grow over time. Where is the Red Zone package? Is it even in the 320 plays Watson has and he just refuse to call it? Does he lack personel?

They need a power package where they can open a hole with Suh or some other tank and a big power back. Even if it means giving the ball to Suh and just let him carry the whole defense across the goal line!

Suh is not the answer on offense, EVER. I have a real hard time taking anyone seriously who thinks we should use Suh as a fullback. I understand that we have red zone problems but that is more a problem with the style of offense Nebraska has chosen to run.

Suh is not the answer. There is a reason we have fullbacks on the team. Just because Suh is big doesnt mean he should carry the ball/block on offense. He is big but relatively slow because of his size.

Heck, if were gonna throw Suh in there on offense then we might as well rotate the rest of the D-Line in there sometimes at fullback too. How bout Barry Turner leading the way? Sound good? Nope.

Watson's play calling was questionable for the entire game. I think we need to re-evaluate our red zone offense too.

How was it questionable? The Hokie's D took away our passing game as we did to them. Players dropped passes. Lee threw some errant passes. How is that the result of Watson's play calling? Helu had 200 yds of total offense. I agree we probably should have tried to run it when we were on the 5 yd line but if I remember, we tried to run the other times we were in the red zone and the Hokie's D shut it down.

Watson knows the offense far more than any of you do. Why would Watson call a pass play if he thought the offense would have a higher success rate with a run play? Would he intentionally hurt us? Maybe it's all a big conspiracy?

He called a pass, so unless you think he's secretly on VT's side, the offense obviously hadn't showed him enough ability to be able to succeed in that particular situation. That's not on Watson.

And oh, by the way, the pass worked. Not his fault there was a holding call that negated th passing TD.