Anyone know what happened to the fan in section 5?

freefall

Hey husker fans,

Tough loss last weekend -- I know I'm a little late but I had a wedding to go to on Sunday and didn't get back into town until late yesterday... 20+ hours in the car over the weekend between that and the game. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knows what happened to the Nebraska fan who was sitting just a few seats down from me in section 5. Right after the game he just sorta fell over in the stands. Luckily the EMTs were there immediately and he seemed coherent, said something about feeling real dizzy, but I moved back to give the paramedics room and didn't hear anything else. They took him out on a stretcher but he was moving and talking so I'm hoping he was okay.

Anyway, like a lot of other hokies who've posted here I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to host you guys. Our experience with the folks we met was great, especially considering the outcome. Your fans had every right to be pissed but everyone that I saw handled it with class. Would love to see another home & home with you guys!

Good luck the rest of the way!

Hey husker fans,

Tough loss last weekend -- I know I'm a little late but I had a wedding to go to on Sunday and didn't get back into town until late yesterday... 20+ hours in the car over the weekend between that and the game. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knows what happened to the Nebraska fan who was sitting just a few seats down from me in section 5. Right after the game he just sorta fell over in the stands. Luckily the EMTs were there immediately and he seemed coherent, said something about feeling real dizzy, but I moved back to give the paramedics room and didn't hear anything else. They took him out on a stretcher but he was moving and talking so I'm hoping he was okay.

Anyway, like a lot of other hokies who've posted here I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to host you guys. Our experience with the folks we met was great, especially considering the outcome. Your fans had every right to be pissed but everyone that I saw handled it with class. Would love to see another home & home with you guys!

Good luck the rest of the way!

Thanks for the kind words and worries, I'm sure he was like most fans and just felt sick from the loss and who knows he might have gotten up too quick. I know I havn't seen anything about a serious injury from the game so I guess that could be a good sign. Some of the other posters might know a little more than I. Thanks again for a hell of a game and cant wait for TO to sign a future Home and Home series with the Hokies. GL and hope you win your conference. :wasted

I didn't get to go to the game, but all I've been seeing on this board is how gratious the Hokie fans were on Saturday. You guys in Blacksburg sound like you're a real class act.

Hopefully, we'll get another opportunity to play each other again in another Home-Home Away series. Please tell everyone that our fans appreciate the hospitality and that they're welcome in Lincoln anytime.

Best wishes in the rest of your schedule.

I'm not sure about the exact individual you are talking about, and I hope he is ok. A similar thing happened to me at Memorial Stadium my freshmen year.

The paramedic said it was adrenal fatigue that caused a lack of oxygen to the brain. In high stress situations, like the game last Saturday, your body produces adrenalin to make your heart pump faster. If it continues for too long, eventually your body can't produce enough adrenalin to keep you going at that high rate. Which can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure resulting in a lack of oxygen going to your brain and fainting.

Worse case scenario, if its like my case, is that he injured himself falling.

:cheers Here's to more home and home's with VT

I am a huge fanof college football and have found that with a smile and a handshake most fans are very likeable people. Yes there are jerks out there but I ignore them unless they force an issue. To get back on point the fans from Clemson and V Tech have been class acts. Its great to have contribute to Huskerboard.

T_O_B

:)