Hard hitters

HuskerDA

What's the point in hitting someone hard? You're just going to get a penalty for it anyway.

No you won't get a penalty for hitting somebody hard. What's the point? It will get their attention, make think about coming your way again, and has a tendency to make them make mistakes.

Get a penalty. That's funny.....wrong - but funny none the less.

No you won't get a penalty for hitting somebody hard. What's the point? It will get their attention, make think about coming your way again, and has a tendency to make them make mistakes.

Yeah, it happens. I have seen numerous hard hits where a defensive player was not leading with his helmet and hit a WR/RB/QB hard and got a penalty for it because the officiating crews have been told to emphasize protecting the players. If there is a hard hit, there is probably about a 50/50 chance that it will be called a penalty this year (i.e., see the Eric Martin hit against FAU when he was playing LB).

If you don't think this isn't happening then it's obvious you haven't been watching alot of college football games this year.

Yeah, it happens. I have seen numerous hard hits where a defensive player was not leading with his helmet and hit a WR/RB/QB hard and got a penalty for it because the officiating crews have been told to emphasize protecting the players. If there is a hard hit, there is probably about a 50/50 chance that it will be called a penalty this year (i.e., see the Eric Martin hit against FAU when he was playing LB).

If you don't think this isn't happening then it's obvious you haven't been watching alot of college football games this year.