So, I need a wisdom tooth pulled

Thanks for all of the support guys. I found out today my dentist wants all 4 wisdom teeth out. :cry He is sending me to an oral surgeon to have them extracted. 11:15 on Tuesday. I'm scared. :ohnoes

BRI: I think 3 of my 4 will need cut out because there's simply not enough tooth left to grab on to. How was the pulled tooth compared to the cut ones?

Actually the cut ones weren't as bad afterwards as the one that was pulled. The one that was pulled had a dry socket afterwards where the other's were stiched shut. They swelled up a little, but didn't cause me as much pain afterwards.

Thanks for all of the support guys. I found out today my dentist wants all 4 wisdom teeth out. :cry He is sending me to an oral surgeon to have them extracted. 11:15 on Tuesday. I'm scared. :ohnoes

BRI: I think 3 of my 4 will need cut out because there's simply not enough tooth left to grab on to. How was the pulled tooth compared to the cut ones?

Actually the cut ones weren't as bad afterwards as the one that was pulled. The one that was pulled had a dry socket afterwards where the other's were stiched shut. They swelled up a little, but didn't cause me as much pain afterwards.

Same here..The stiched ones healed within a few days..But the pulled one got dry socket and left bruises where the surgeon used his crowbar..Think I asked him if he had to use any explosives.

dedhoarse

Same here..The stiched ones healed within a few days..But the pulled one got dry socket and left bruises where the surgeon used his crowbar..Think I asked him if he had to use any explosives.

dedhoarse

Yeah dry socket is what I am afraid of. Good to hear the already broken teeth will be the ones to heal first. That other tooth is huge and is in perfect shape. I bet it will be hard to get out. :hmmph

dedhoarse

Yeah dry socket is what I am afraid of. Good to hear the already broken teeth will be the ones to heal first. That other tooth is huge and is in perfect shape. I bet it will be hard to get out. :hmmph

Oh don't worry, they'll get it out.............................. :rickjames

I guess they are not removing them on Tuesday, just a consult. :madash

Hey ISRP..

I just heard this commercial for the first time this morning.

http://www.pivotalresearch.com/2008clinicaltrial_listing.asp

Pivotal research is seeking volunteers to have their (Wisdom Tooth Removal) done free by a professional dentist out here so they can test out a new pain reliever..it requires one overnight stay and pays ~$300 something.

About the cost of a rt ticket out here...Almost wish I still had mine.

You might also check out some places near you..sometimes these guys do the same things for the same pharmeceutical companies..Is Harris labs still in Lincoln?

Well I'm having it done by an oral surgeon Thursday at 2pm. All four at once. :hmmph

Oh good, than afterwards you can watch the game. lol

I had mine taken out by the Air Force...

Its not as bad as one might think, they scared me into after telling me that i had tooth decay and they needed to come out. Then the day i go in, i asked about the tooth decay and they told me i didn't have any, they were just telling me it was a risk if i kept them in. bastards.

So anyway, they pull the top two out, then numb the bottom half of my jaw, cracked both teeth and pulled them out in pieces. It was better than it would have been if i was 16, they told they would have to chisel some of my jaw away. Thank god i waited till they were out just a little bit more. lol

Well I'm having it done by an oral surgeon Thursday at 2pm. All four at once. :hmmph

Oh good, than afterwards you can watch the game. lol

I had mine taken out by the Air Force...

Its not as bad as one might think, they scared me into after telling me that i had tooth decay and they needed to come out. Then the day i go in, i asked about the tooth decay and they told me i didn't have any, they were just telling me it was a risk if i kept them in. bastards.

So anyway, they pull the top two out, then numb the bottom half of my jaw, cracked both teeth and pulled them out in pieces. It was better than it would have been if i was 16, they told they would have to chisel some of my jaw away. Thank god i waited till they were out just a little bit more. lol

I am actually trying to think of the game rather than the procedure I will be having done 6 hours before kickoff. Sounds like they will be able to pull at least 3 out of the four molars. So my battle against dry socket will begin....