Griffin Done

Dan_F_30

the baylor game I had thought would be very tough for nu, as his speed is something you would have a hard time dealing with. I keep seeing how you guys think you are fast, I don't think so at all. Last yr you were painfully slow is why you took several a**whuppings at home from MU and OU, are better now but still arn't where you need to be to hang with the faster spread teams. Griffin would have been tough for you to handle in waco, mu gets then at columbia so that would be an easier task and there de's and lbers are quicker than nu's, so had the speed to run with him.

wouldn't write them off as they still have upgraded their talent base adn briles knows how to score pts.

Also, you can't deny that Robert Griffin III is a MUCH more raw talent than is Tyrod Taylor and that putting the two head to head, Taylor is the better quarterback. Obviously he doesn't have QUITE as much speed as Griffin, but he easily makes better decisions and our defense contained him easily, holding Va Tech to a very low offensive output.

I GUARANTEE we would have contained Griffin. We contained him enough to win last year when the defense was still coming into its' own. It is not where it wants to be RIGHT NOW, but it is much farther on the progress path then it was at this time last year.

I don't know how you can make the assertion that Taylor is a better quarterback. More specifically, how can you argue that he is a better decision-maker? Griffin threw 15 touchdowns and 3 picks last year. Taylor threw 2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.

Appreciate the well wishes. I've posted a couple times around here. I have ties to the NU program as my best friend is a receiver for you guys right now.

I didn't think NU was going to get an easy win and has us winning that one in Waco. Without Griffin, I don't know. I'm not ready to make a commitment either way. Blake Szymanski is experienced, but as a previous poster said, he's no RG3. It certainly hurts, but it's not over until it's over. We have enough talent to win 6 games, I know that much.