Husker trivia

Not even sure of the exact answer, so your answer just needs to match mine to win. I am pretty sure this hasn't happened since the time I am recalling. Here goes. Oh, the correct answer wins you Huskerboard bragging rights. Yippeeeee! And no internet help!

When was the last time a Husker intercepted three passes in one game, and who was he? For extra credit, where did this happen?

Last chance. Anyone else want to take a shot before I put up the answer? A final hint: One of the leaders in all-time coaching victories was on the other sideline and the last name of the player is the same as a famous Oklahoma running back from TX.

Did we have some dude named Peterson playing D-back against FSU or Penn St. in the '80s?

Uh, you really shouldn't post trivia questions from memory. No Husker picked off 3 passes since Ric Lindquist in 1979, and it was against K State. You have to go quite a ways down the all time coaching wins leaders to get to Jim Dickey, and I'm not recalling the OU back...Elvis Lindquist maybe? Buster Lindquist?

Pass Interceptions: 3; Dana Stephenson, RCB,

vs. Colorado, Nov. 1, 1969; Joe Blahak, LCB, vs. Kansas St.,

Nov. 14, 1970; Ric Lindquist, LCB, at Kansas St., Nov. 10, 1979

I'll have to check my facts, but I recall Sammy Sims picking off three against Penn St. in 1980. You have apparently looked up the facts (how boring). I'll try and find some proof. If I can't find it I'll either post an apology or find a great OU running back from TX named Lindquist and have Kansas moved east of Tennessee.

Uh, you really shouldn't post trivia questions from memory. No Husker picked off 3 passes since Ric Lindquist in 1979, and it was against K State. You have to go quite a ways down the all time coaching wins leaders to get to Jim Dickey, and I'm not recalling the OU back...Elvis Lindquist maybe? Buster Lindquist?

Pass Interceptions: 3; Dana Stephenson, RCB,

vs. Colorado, Nov. 1, 1969; Joe Blahak, LCB, vs. Kansas St.,

Nov. 14, 1970; Ric Lindquist, LCB, at Kansas St., Nov. 10, 1979

You are correct. My memory is not as reliable as I thought. I guess two picks impressed me enough to remember the feat to this day. Maybe SS had another that was called back. Anyway you win, even if you used the interwebs :moreinteresting . I guess I'll post threads more interesting to the members of the board. Coming soon: Huskers should wear black uniforms!