Greetings from hokie land

How about this example.

You walk up to a friend and say the following.

"Hey, your a great guy. Matter of fact I think you are much smarter than me, have a better job, live in a nicer home, posess outstanding witt and charm and would be a catch for any woman anywhere in America. That said, I asked your girlfriend out last night. She accepted. Hey, look on the bright side. You are a really great person and I am sure you will find someone else. Besides, you dated this girl for a whole (insert time frame here). Focus on that.

"Good luck in finding another girlfriend. We are all rooting for you."

How would that wash?

It's completely irrelevant compared to football.

Ok....

Going to Columbia,

Let's say, at least for the sake of argument, that an MU fan wishes the Huskers well and asks about the state of the team.

You start to respond by talking about how well Zac and Roy and Suh are playing and that you are just hoping for a good game against a great Missouri program.

Then add this and see what happens......

"I bet you guys are hoping you don't get robbed tonight. *pause* You know, like when you guys thought you had beaten us, only to find out Miracle Matt had caught a touchdown pass. That must have hurt. Kind of like the time you were in Lincoln piled up rediculous yardage totals and still lost.

Maybe it won't come down to the down marker people deciding the game again. Man, that Colorado loss had to smart too."

It doesn't matter how you say that stuff. It still comes off like you are being a jerk.

P.S. Applauding the opponents as they leave the field is good sportsmanship.

Calling your Texas friend right after Nebraska takes the Longhorns out behind the woodshed in the Big 12 title game and saying, "Man, what happened to your team? They played so well all year." Now that's being a JERK

Good (very early) morning Huskers,

I saw that you guys had a big game this week so I thought I should register and wish you guys luck. As best as we can tell in hokie land Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Kansas all have classy fans and Missouri is something like the Big 12 equilivant of WVU.

Speaking of classy fans I really enjoyed interacting with the Huskers that made the trip to Blacksburg. I heard so many stories about how awesome your fans were last year in Lincoln and after talking with the Huskers in Blacksburg I can believe it. Good guys all around. Also applauding your team after they lost the way they did really impressed me as well. I have always thought that VT had amazing fans, but I must admit that we have been outdone in that department.

Good luck the rest of the season and win the Big 12 for us

Go Hokies and

Go Huskers!

We had a great time back in Hokie-ville. Nice fans and a nice venue to watch a football game.

The experience and hospitality we had in Blacksburg is second to one.