Hating myself a little bit.....

tmfr15

As the minutes turned into quarters and the offense seemed unable to do anything, I must say I got discouraged. So much so that I said outloud...Nebraska lacks the will to win this game.

By that, of course, I was talking about the offense and its refusal to buckle the chin strap so to speak and pound the rock. I understand that Helu might not have been 100 percent, but I still feel we should have run it more.

I hated watching the defense play a one-sided game and not get any help.

When we hit big on the long pass play for a touchdown, I didn't really flinch, for some reason, I didn't really jump for joy. After the second touchdown, I started to feel better, but I was back to being negative as Lee back pedaled and almost got sacked for a huge loss before lofting a touchdown pass to McNeil. I was like Lee, what are you doing...oh, OK, touchdown, well, OK.

I loved the last drive when Helu gave me the run game I had been hoping for the whole game. I feel terrible that I was sitting in my living room questioning his toughness. It seemed like he ran from contact at times.

To close, I had some mixed emotions. I LOVED the D. HATED the lack of a run game, and found myself hating Watson and Gilmore, seeing them as Callahan holdovers, not guys that I had much confidence in.

There. I vented. I love the win, but I must say I hate myself for being negative and I hope we will run it more later.

How much should I be hating myself on this stuff guys? Lay it on me.

Also, I sure hope Helu is OK.

P.S. Anybody draw any comparison between this game and CU vs. NU in 1990? Just a thought.

Man, I'm worse off than you. I was just shaking my head all game long, saying, "HOW could we be playing this bad?!?!?" I was not a happy camper.

I'll admit - I turned the game off at the start of the 4th quarter and walked away. I was frustrated and too loud. I came over here to see what was going on on Huskerboard, but it was crashed, so I walked back over and turned on the TV. I think I missed about three plays, and I got to see the comeback.

I don't know if you'd call that losing faith, or just frustration. The whole time I knew we could win, we just weren't getting it done.

Man, I'm worse off than you. I was just shaking my head all game long, saying, "HOW could we be playing this bad?!?!?" I was not a happy camper.

I'll admit - I turned the game off at the start of the 4th quarter and walked away. I was frustrated and too loud. I came over here to see what was going on on Huskerboard, but it was crashed, so I walked back over and turned on the TV. I think I missed about three plays, and I got to see the comeback.

I don't know if you'd call that losing faith, or just frustration. The whole time I knew we could win, we just weren't getting it done.

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN!!1@2!1 :sarcasm

:lol:

I'd be lying if I said that turning off the game didn't cross my mind a few times tonight.

To close, I had some mixed emotions. I LOVED the D. HATED the lack of a run game, and found myself hating Watson and Gilmore, seeing them as Callahan holdovers, not guys that I had much confidence in.

I feel this exact same way and have since Pelini took over. The offense is no different than when Billy C was at the helm and for that matter the entire team is no different with the exception that we have a good defense now. Someone said in another thread that the best thing that could happen for the team would be for Watson to get a head coaching job. This team could be great if we had an offense with an identity.

I also want to point out that I am tired of coaches and player saying that our offense allows us to take what the other team is going to give us. For goodness sake....I want an offense that TAKES WHAT IT WANTS. I WANT AN OFFENSE WITH AN IDENTITY THAT DOESNT CHANGE WEEK TO WEEK.

I feel this exact same way and have since Pelini took over. The offense is no different than when Billy C was at the helm and for that matter the entire team is no different with the exception that we have a good defense now. Someone said in another thread that the best thing that could happen for the team would be for Watson to get a head coaching job. This team could be great if we had an offense with an identity.

I also want to point out that I am tired of coaches and player saying that our offense allows us to take what the other team is going to give us. For goodness sake....I want an offense that TAKES WHAT IT WANTS. I WANT AN OFFENSE WITH AN IDENTITY THAT DOESNT CHANGE WEEK TO WEEK.

I hear ya buddy. And I love when the Huskers run the ball, so I would like that to be the identity. Not the pass isn't a good thing, I like that we can pass much better than in past years, but I want to be known for physical play....think Steelers.

Coach Osborne always said that the reason you develop a power running game as your main weapon is because we live in NEBRASKA, not TEXAS. In Nebraska you play in poor weather like what happened today, and you CANNOT throw the ball well in poor conditions. Not to mention a power running game completely demoralizes a defense throughout the course of a game.