RB Evan Royster

Player: Evan Royster

Hometown: Chantilly, VA

Position: RB

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 196

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date: December 9, 2005

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Oklahoma, Nebraska, Penn State, Virginia, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Washington, Houston, Wake Forest, and Duke

Favorites: Committed to Penn State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #27/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: #57/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One word: carries. I think this guy could carry the ball 25 -30 times a game. He’s not the flashiest back, doesn’t have the best moves or cutting ability, but just gets yards. He’s scored 52 times and rushed for almost 4,000 yards in the past two seasons. He should be fine as far as qualifying.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0% He sounds like he’s going to give the Huskers a fair shot with an official, that’s yet to been decided. Coach Elmassin is handling his recruiting.

• 3 weeks later...

Visited Nebraska last weekend and came away impressed. He also visited Oklahoma shortly after his visit to Nebraska and also enjoyed his visit. He had a different impression of Lincoln before he visited but his views on Lincoln changed shortly afterwards and considers it a place he can see himself.

Also on another note:

Running back Evan Royster from Westfield High School in Chantilly said he likes Oklahoma and Nebraska for the way they have recruited him, specifically "that they don't text-message me every five minutes," he said. "That can get pretty annoying."

Royster, a first-time All-Washington Metro selection as a junior, is the younger brother of former Fairfax High School running back Brandon Royster, rated the No. 1 prospect in the state before signing with Stanford, where injuries ended his career.

Evan Royster said that Stanford is recruiting him but isn't impressed with his 3.1 grade-point average and 1,220 score on the SAT. He is considering Virginia and Virginia Tech, finalists for his brother in 2000, but mostly as "fall-back" options, he said.

Linkl

Here is a photo of him from the Washington Posts all State team

evan8iy.jpg

He is in the front row number 24 (second to right)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Favorites: Nebraksa, Oklahoma (both offered), Florida (no offer).

Has eliminated Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee.

Has already taken 1 visit to Oklahoma and plans are in the works for a Nebraska visit sometime in december. He had a visit scheduled to Alabama, but he has dropped them from his lis. tHis team is 8-0 on the season and has remaining games the next 2 weekends against Chantilly (4-4) and Robinson (7-1). Chantilly is coming off a 47-7 loss to Robinson. If Westfield wins it's remaining 2 games, they will lock up a number 1 seed heading into the playoffs.

Season Stats: 149 carries for 1823 yards (avg 12.2 YPC) As a junior, he gained 2,200 yards and scored 29 touchdowns and was first team all state. Currently ranked 13 in the top 15 in the state of Virginia. Rivals currently has him as a 3 star prospect and he missed out on a 4 star ranking by 1 spot.

Royster has already visited Oklahoma in Sep 2nd against TCU and was witness to the debacle that took place in the OU locker room after the game. He came away from the visit saying it was good, but did not give it high remarks.

Coach Elmassian is currently recruiting him he could be waiting on an offer from the Gators. That offer may not come. Florida has signed 4 star running back Chevon Walker and is still in on 5 star running back Demarco Murray.

This is a battle that will come down to NU vs Oklahoma unless Antwan Cobbs commits, then he's OU bound.

• 1 month later...

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Oklahoma, Nebraska, Penn State, Virginia, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Washington, Houston, Wake Forest, and Duke

Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida and Penn State

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report: #56/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One word: carries. I think this guy could carry the ball 25 -30 times a game. He’s not the flashiest back, doesn’t have the best moves or cutting ability, but just gets yards. He’s scored 52 times and rushed for almost 4,000 yards in the past two seasons. He should be fine as far as qualifying.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%

hello, so evan royster will be visiting, which is good news but I do not think that he is UN bound - because of UN's depth & youth at rb. He has a visit set for pa st on 1/11, & pa st is in need of rb's, since they are loaded w/ upper classman at rb, & pa st did not grab a rb last yr in recruiting, & have yet to grab 1 this yr - I believe he will visit 2 other schools, & pa st will get his signature come feb, because of an earlier opportunity to play & that it is closer to home (& I believe we can count out ou, since he visited ou for the ou - tcu game, & heard scoops rip his players afterwards)

yet, visiting w/ royster for this weekend are juco's palmer & nicks, & I think that there will be some committing going on (ola & johnson have been on palmer to visit, & may be a factor in his verballing, & nicks quickly set a visit for UN after UN offered - palmer has visited wa & ms, & has a visit set for az 12/16, & nicks visited wa last weekend w/ palmer, & has a visit set for l-ville 12/16

p.s. I hope that it is not too cold this weekend for the wc juco's, or the va high schooler

• 4 weeks later...

Will Kenny Wilson sticjk with NU??? If not, here's are guy.

Favorites: Nebraska and Penn State

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report: #57/ :star:star:star

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%

• 2 weeks later...

He is down to Nebraska and NU like Eric mentioned. It's a crapshot right now with both schools having a 50/50 shot at him. Penn St did get a commit from 3 star RB Travis McBride and they also will be giving A.J Wallace a shot at RB (supposedly, we will see if they actually do). Penn St graduates Tony Hunt and Austin Scott next year and will have 2 juniors on the roster in Rodney Kinlaw and Matt Hahn.

Although this is 50/50, i think NU still has a shot with him to come in, redshirt his first year (which he has no problem with) and learn the offense. NU is down to 2 scholarships, one of which will definetly go to a DT without a doubt. That leaves 1 more scholarship. Could it be his? We will know in a few days

hello, I read something about a month ago (in a rival magazine) that read that royster hurt himself last yr in a lacrosse game - something like he torn his acl, or something like that, & if he had not hurt himself last yr he would have been one of the top/if not the top rb prospect this yr - can anyone help me out w/ this one, & am I right on his injury, or whatever it may have been, or was?