Can't get a false sense of security these days

The one thing I got from listening to a lot of the Big XII games this week on the radio was that parity has arrived in the Big XII, like it or not.

In the North, the only team that looks to be weak is K-State thus far.

In the South, Baylor may be the weak link, but they really started out playing Oklahoma pretty tough.

From what I heard and saw this week, there really are going to be no easy give me's except for maybe K-State on anyone's schedule. I think this bids well for the Big XII itself, but with our teams beating up on each other within the Big XII, we are not going to fare well in the national polls. Both the North and the South could end up in a blood bath before it is over this season, which may hurt our (Big XII teams) positioning for BCS bowl games.

However, I don't think we are the only conference in this boat. I think the Big Ten, the ACC, and possibly even the SEC are going to feel the pain also, giving some of the lesser conferences face time in the polls. I imagine the NCAA has finally gotten to where they wanted the parity to be - however, I also think the calls for a playoff at the end of the season will only become louder and louder, with the real possibility of eventually having a National Champion with two losses, maybe even sooner than we think.

Sure it was that way this week, but I've watched a completely terrible Colorado team come out and struggle to lay turds on the field several weeks in a row. I've also not seen Texas play that bad in quite a while. Also, Kansas' defense (while I don't think they are that good) was completely nonexistent today. Iowa State really stepped up to the plate today and had a great game. If it wasn't for one rushed overthrown ball, ISU wins this game.

Moral of the story... this week was a great example of why the games are played and not simply decided using stats.. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day

Totally agree with you 711 somewhat...I don't think there is one team on our schedule that we can take lightly besides K-State..and even that might not be wise. CU is getting better and better, Hawkins may finally figure it out, who knows. And Lord knows they always play us tough for some mystical reasons.

Texas was off today, undoubtedly. Oklahoma started out kind of flat, also. But I do think they are probably the cream of the South.

Right now I think it is a three way race in the North, with Nebraska having the edge, then there is Kansas and Missouri. I would not take Iowa State lightly either though, as much as I hate to say that (because I know Cy will jump on it).

LSU had 2 losses when they won the NC in 07.

Honestly I had forgotten that. I think it is going to become more and more common though. I also think that a playoff system is going to have to be devised, otherwise there is going to be anarchy in the NCAA. The polls are already kind of nuts, with no rhyme or reason to them after you get past the top 3 or 4 teams.

I just don't think a playoff answers anything and it would certainly make each game less important. Right now you win out in a major conference and you'll be playing for the title 99 times out of 100. Playoff would require that team to win more when they have already earned the right to play for the championship. You'll start seeing even more 2 loss teams winning championships that way.

And I have no problem with everything set up this way because the fact is in 07 the strength of schedule rewarded LSU. We'll just have more creampuff games to start the season so a team can make the playoffs (a lot like weaker teams do to become bowl eligible)

Trucker, you and I have have never agreed on anything until now sir. I am with you, I think that we are moving closer to the likes of the SEC where any given conference game can make us say "hmmmmm"....lol

:sarcasm<_< God, I hope my mother don't see that a Buff fan actually agreed with me!!

Trucker, you and I have have never agreed on anything until now sir. I am with you, I think that we are moving closer to the likes of the SEC where any given conference game can make us say "hmmmmm"....lol

:sarcasm<_< God, I hope my mother don't see that a Buff fan actually agreed with me!!

I'll go slash her tires to make her feel better or I did drink a little wine tonight, perhaps a well timed piss bomb is in order? lol

I just don't think a playoff answers anything and it would certainly make each game less important. Right now you win out in a major conference and you'll be playing for the title 99 times out of 100. Playoff would require that team to win more when they have already earned the right to play for the championship. You'll start seeing even more 2 loss teams winning championships that way.

And I have no problem with everything set up this way because the fact is in 07 the strength of schedule rewarded LSU. We'll just have more creampuff games to start the season so a team can make the playoffs (a lot like weaker teams do to become bowl eligible)

The only problem with this system is that if you win out in your conference and become the conference champion, it don't necessarily mean that you will be playing for a NC. There are too many conferences that used to be minor players that are coming into the picture now. The BCS is somewhat flawed because they don't always treat them fairly.

I have been having a real problem with human polling, especially this year. They have been all over the place. I like the idea of putting more emphasis on the SOS, and somehow coming up with a computerized polling system that would treat every team fairly. I hate the AP and Coaches Polls because there is no way you can tell me that they watched everyone play. There is also a bias towards certain conferences and parts of the country that isn't always fair to some of the other teams.

I'll go slash her tires to make her feel better or I did drink a little wine tonight, perhaps a well timed piss bomb is in order? lol

:box She can be a pretty mean bitch when she gets riled up...I wouldn't let her catch you doing it... :laughpound