Bobby's bold prediction of the week.

huzkerbob

Mark it down, the upset of the week will be unranked Arkansas beating the #1 Florida Gators!

Sure there are many arguments for why this won't happen. Ark is giving up 26 yards a game as opposed to Florida's 6. The game will be in Gainesville and Florida's offense is averaging slightly more points than Arkansas. 39 ppg compared to 37 from AR. (although against teams with a pulse FUs numbers drops to just over 25ppg)

BUT as we know this is college football where anything can, and will happen. With that I will tell you the two biggest reasons I think Arkansas has a shot this week. The first being momentum, Arkansas is coming off an impressive performance against Auburn's suddenly potent offense, allowing 23 points. While at the same time scoring 44 against a D that hadn't given up more than 30 this year. If they can ride that wave into Gainesville, look out!

And the second and biggest factor is the fact that the Florida Gators never survive their SEC schedule without dropping a game to a physically inferior team. In fact Florida has lost at least one game to SEC East teams in each of the last 10 years! That my friends is a trend. Add to that the fact that Florida's passing game is less than stellar (Tebow averages 155 ypg) and you have a team that will be playing into the hands of a team who's biggest weakness is pass defense. (Ark. is giving up 145 ypg on the ground compared to 253 ypg in the air)

Will I be shocked if I'm wrong? Not really, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't hesitate to put down my hard earned money on Arkansas to beat the 24 point line that Vegas has up right now.