Which WR?

He are chock full of WR recruits. Eric just posted another visit, Richard Jackson, but which receiver do we have the best shot at, and which one would we really like to have regardless of chances???

WR

Carlton Salters WR

Quinton Hancock WR

Kenny Britt WR

Delashaun Dean WR

Chris Mitchell WR

Hayo Carpenter WR

Terrell Reese WR

Donald Bowens WR

Richard Jackson WR

Lattarius Thomas WR

Andrey Baskins WR

Percy Harvin WR

Damon McDaniel WR

Allen Walker WR

Chris Bell WR

Menelik Holt WR

Markeith Summers WR

David Ausberry WR

Jermaine Gresham WR/TE

This is my opinion based on what i have heard from other analyst or read in some sources or heard from directly from the recruits.

10-30% Isn't interested in us at all

30-50% VERY slim chance

50-75% Still being considered but we are lagging behind in recruiting

75-90% Nebraska is a favorite with a few other teams

90-95% Nebraska is heavy favorite and odds of visiting are HIGH

95-100% Will most likely commit when it's all said and done

Carlton Salters: Carlton is a little underrated in my opinion. Finished last season with 900 yards and 6 touchdowns. Although he's high on Auburn first, Maryland second, Nebraska still has a chance with him. Not my first choice at WR, only because of his height. If you look around the Big12, you will see WR's in the 6-3 to 6-5 range. Salters is at 6-0. Salters might end up at Auburn if he commits to them early, otherwise its Maryland . He camped at Auburn this year and last year and has visited them unofficially a total of 4 times. 2 last year duriung the season, 1 prior to the season and another unofficial during the spring game. Auburn is targeting 4 star prospects Marcus Sims, DeAndre McDaniel, Raven Gray and Kareem Kromwell and chances are high they land 2 of those prospects. Right now, i would put our chances at 30%

Quinton Hancock: Another prospects Nebraska has its eyes on (Insert Auburn again). Yes, Auburn is also in on this guy and Auburn is in his top 5 with Nebraska, South Carolina, Clemson and Florida. One thing that helps out is the fact he's visiting. If he doesn't commit before he visits Nebraksa, we stand a 75% chance of landing him. The batle will come down to Nebrska, Auburn and South Carolina. Depdening on how many recruits Auburn has landed at WR, then our chances either decrease or increase. This guy might not jump out at you with stats, but one thing that seperates him from the rest of the WR's we are targeting is the fact he plays offense AND defense and is a outstanding athlete on both sides.

Kenny Britt: Ahh yes. A Jersey Kid. The last recruits coming out of New Jersey were all recruited by the old staff. Jammal Lord, Joe Dailey, Wali Muhammed. It's been so long since we recruited a kid from that neck of the woods who has come here and done something outstanding. Kenny on the other hand seems to be primed for an explosion on the college level. He still has some growing up to do in the athletic area, but he has raw talent. This kid can flat out fly and has long arms. There's a reason why he's on the rivals 250 list and a 4 star prospect. If he visits, we are in great shape and would be in that 75-90 range. If he doesn't visit, he drops down to the 30-50% range. His top 5 will eventually come down to Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan St, Oklahoma and Minnesota. Kevin Cosgrove will be duking it out with Darrell Wyatt (Rec coach) of OU and Tony Samuel of Purdue for his services. I am not as worried about Purdue as i am about Wyatt. He has been known for his hardcore recruiting and if you ask any recruiting expert, they will tell you that he's in the top10 of recruiters in the nation.

Delashaun Dean and Chris Mitchell are 2 prospects i know the staff really has grown to admire. Mitchell has interest in alot of teams and to try to pinpoint it would not be easy. One minute he's high on Miami, the next on Nebraska, and then on Ole Miss. If you ask him on different days what team he likes, you will get different answers. I had a chance to talk to him earlier in the year and he has a great sense of humour. He likes to kid around alot but knows that picking the right school isn't a joke. He loves playing video games and for some odd reason, he likes playing with Boise St on NCAA Football. Dean on the other hand is your typical WR. He's got the height, speed and vertical jump to get any ball in his area. He's explosive off the line of scrimmage and has moves like Barry Sanders. He is under-rated in my opinion and will get his justice in the DIV-A level.

Markieth Summers 5%

Jermaine Gresham 5%

Andrey Baskins 0%

Percy Harvin 0%

THe rest of the guys mentioned fall between the 75-90% range and it's to early to tell. Whatever recruit Nebraska lands from this list (minus the ones out of reach), won't make a difference to me because they all bring something unique and interesting to the table, be it speed, power, raw talent.

I wish I knew half as much as you do about this stuff, Nameless, great job.

Btw, Boise State is pretty solid in NCAA, very fun to play with. :thumbs

That's what i heard. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but i know they have quite a few EA impact players on their roster. Another team i heard was fun to play with was North Texas. Right now, i have been running my games in simulation mode and trying to see what kinda scores Nebraska comes out with in each game. I am running them in Junior Varsity, All American and Hiesman mood. So far, Nebraska scored 217 points against Maine in Junior Varsity mode, 56 points in All American and 41 in Hiesman mode. Right now i axm running a simulation against Iowa St in Hiesman mode and Nebraska is leading 27-18.

I wish I knew half as much as you do about this stuff, Nameless, great job.

Btw, Boise State is pretty solid in NCAA, very fun to play with. :thumbs

That's what i heard. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but i know they have quite a few EA impact players on their roster. Another team i heard was fun to play with was North Texas. Right now, i have been running my games in simulation mode and trying to see what kinda scores Nebraska comes out with in each game. I am running them in Junior Varsity, All American and Hiesman mood. So far, Nebraska scored 217 points against Maine in Junior Varsity mode, 56 points in All American and 41 in Hiesman mode. Right now i axm running a simulation against Iowa St in Hiesman mode and Nebraska is leading 27-18.

Okay BIg Jake, you spilling your NCAA 2k6 over everywhere. ;)

To get back to the WR's, If we could have ant of these guys, you would probably have to go with David Ausberry. The coaching staff wants big physical receivers, well this is as big a pass catcher your going to find. He's got legit 4.6 speed, and at 6'4, 215 pounds, your possibly looking at another Roy WIlliams. Are we going to get him?? It's very tough. USC and Oklahoma are on him, but he says he's going to visit, and that's huge. BUt I think in the end NU will end up second to one of the above favorites.

I think people tend to focus more on stars then talent. There are several players who are going to be outstanding this year. The majority of the prospects that are noy ranked 4 or 5 stars do not have film on them. Some schools are small and can't afford taping every single game, or even have the proper editing equipment to cut and paste game clips or create highlight reels. You have to go by word of mouth. The Nebraska coaching staff did a good thing by offering every tom, dick and harry WR in the nation for right now untill they can get game photoage from this year or at least be able to evaluate these kids personally during a visit.

Seems like alot of the guys NU is targeting as WRs are not very fast. Lots in the 4.6-4.7 range. :bad

Carlton Salters 4.55

Quinton Hancock 4.51

Kenny Britt 4.5

Delashaun Dean 4.6

Chris Mitchell 4.43

Hayo Carpenter 4.5

Terrell Reese 4.5

Donald Bowens 4.68

Richard Jackson 4.37

Lattarius Thomas 4.62

Andrey Baskins 4.45

Damon McDaniel 4.51

Allen Walker 4.49

Chris Bell 4.56

Markeith Summers 4.5

David Ausberry 4.6

Jermaine Gresham 4.6

That's 17 WR's. Only 5 of them have a 4.6 or higher. So saying Lots/THE MAJORITY just makes u look..well we know what it makes you look. So if 22% of the guys we are after are considered "THE MAJORITY", what does that make the other78%? The "MINORITY"? Second of all, there's NOT 1 guy on that list with a 4.7 as you mentioned. But then again, why would i expect you to even know who we are looking at. Stick to your bread and butter and that's basically trying to bash a coaching staff who hasn't even been on the job 24 months yet, you might eventually convince yourself of your propaganda

If I honestly had any choice in the matter, and could take whoever I want, I would take Harvin, Baskins, Ausberry, and Richard Jackson, but I think that we only have a realistic shot at getting two of the ones mentioned, and in that case I would add Britt and I guess Holt. (gotta give a shout out for the allready committed!)