Which WR?

Seems like alot of the guys NU is targeting as WRs are not very fast. Lots in the 4.6-4.7 range. :bad

Carlton Salters 4.55

Quinton Hancock 4.51

Kenny Britt 4.5

Delashaun Dean 4.6

Chris Mitchell 4.43

Hayo Carpenter 4.5

Terrell Reese 4.5

Donald Bowens 4.68

Richard Jackson 4.37

Lattarius Thomas 4.62

Andrey Baskins 4.45

Damon McDaniel 4.51

Allen Walker 4.49

Chris Bell 4.56

Markeith Summers 4.5

David Ausberry 4.6

Jermaine Gresham 4.6

That's 17 WR's. Only 5 of them have a 4.6 or higher. So saying Lots/THE MAJORITY just makes u look..well we know what it makes you look. So if 22% of the guys we are after are considered "THE MAJORITY", what does that make the other78%? The "MINORITY"? Second of all, there's NOT 1 guy on that list with a 4.7 as you mentioned. But then again, why would i expect you to even know who we are looking at. Stick to your bread and butter and that's basically trying to bash a coaching staff who hasn't even been on the job 24 months yet, you might eventually convince yourself of your propaganda

First of all Einstein, you had better go back to elementary school, and redo your math. 5 divided by 17 is 29.4%. Second, if you want to round correctly, 4.68 rounds to 4.7. Brilliant! Since I did NOT say the majority (that was you, genius), I said a lot of the guys NU was recruiting ran from 4.6-4.7. If you add in Menilik (sp?) Holt, who runs a 4.64, that would be 6 of 18, which is a cool 33.3%. I guess it is up for debate as to whether 33.3% of your WR targeted recruits run 4.6 or better is “a lot” but IMO, it seems like too many. I would prefer ALL of them were 4.5 or faster, in an offense like this. I sure am glad that YOU stuck to YOUR bread and butter, being wrong. Maybe you should take your own advice, and stick to what you are good at, which is shutting down websites with erroneous information.

Oh, BTW, Formerfan-2 GutlessHusker,-(-1).

Seems like alot of the guys NU is targeting as WRs are not very fast. Lots in the 4.6-4.7 range. :bad

Carlton Salters 4.55

Quinton Hancock 4.51

Kenny Britt 4.5

Delashaun Dean 4.6

Chris Mitchell 4.43

Hayo Carpenter 4.5

Terrell Reese 4.5

Donald Bowens 4.68

Richard Jackson 4.37

Lattarius Thomas 4.62

Andrey Baskins 4.45

Damon McDaniel 4.51

Allen Walker 4.49

Chris Bell 4.56

Markeith Summers 4.5

David Ausberry 4.6

Jermaine Gresham 4.6

That's 17 WR's. Only 5 of them have a 4.6 or higher. So saying Lots/THE MAJORITY just makes u look..well we know what it makes you look. So if 22% of the guys we are after are considered "THE MAJORITY", what does that make the other78%? The "MINORITY"? Second of all, there's NOT 1 guy on that list with a 4.7 as you mentioned. But then again, why would i expect you to even know who we are looking at. Stick to your bread and butter and that's basically trying to bash a coaching staff who hasn't even been on the job 24 months yet, you might eventually convince yourself of your propaganda

First of all Einstein, you had better go back to elementary school, and redo your math. 5 divided by 17 is 29.4%. Second, if you want to round correctly, 4.68 rounds to 4.7. Brilliant! Since I did NOT say the majority (that was you, genius), I said a lot of the guys NU was recruiting ran from 4.6-4.7. If you add in Menilik (sp?) Holt, who runs a 4.64, that would be 6 of 18, which is a cool 33.3%. I guess it is up for debate as to whether 33.3% of your WR targeted recruits run 4.6 or better is “a lot” but IMO, it seems like too many. I would prefer ALL of them were 4.5 or faster, in an offense like this. I sure am glad that YOU stuck to YOUR bread and butter, being wrong. Maybe you should take your own advice, and stick to what you are good at, which is shutting down websites with erroneous information.

Oh, BTW, Formerfan-2 GutlessHusker,-(-1).

Yeah, okay, nice try...

But to be honest, any of these guys would suit me just right. There all an upgrade from what we have. They have great size "great" speed and come from passing offenses.

Yeah, okay, nice try...

:yeah

Back to the subject at hand, I don't really think blazing speed is necessary. There are many more factors than how a guy runs on a track by himself. How he breaks through contact, body control, route running, etc. I don't recall Jerry Rice being extraordinarily fast, but he excelled because of his great technique and work ethic. Any of these kids that can come in here, know how to run their routes and can catch the ball in traffic and make a move to shed a tackle or two will be a welcomed addition.

Yeah, okay, nice try...

:yeah

Back to the subject at hand, I don't really think blazing speed is necessary. There are many more factors than how a guy runs on a track by himself. How he breaks through contact, body control, route running, etc. I don't recall Jerry Rice being extraordinarily fast, but he excelled because of his great technique and work ethic. Any of these kids that can come in here, know how to run their routes and can catch the ball in traffic and make a move to shed a tackle or two will be a welcomed addition.

:horns2

We need a few burners too, which looks like we have.

40 times are overrated anyways. When coaches match up players, they go based on size and providing mismatches, not how fast a player can outrun another player. As long as you have a WR with great hands and is gaining a 4 yard catch here and 3 yard catch there and moving the ball up the field, then that's all that should matter. I would rather take a 5.5 second guy who has 2,3 yard catches then a guy who can outrun the whole team and doesn't know his routes or doesn't have any athletic ability.

Keep in mind that some players are faster in pads than others. You can have a 4.6 guy be faster than a 4.5 guy because he can run better in pads. Thus, those 40-yard times indeed can be misleading. Am I wrong about that. Reply please?

P.S. I remember Mike Rozier being very fast in pads but didn't run that fast of a 40. Now I know I'm going way back and this was a different era, but Johnny Rodgers wasn't very fast in sprints -- nowhere close to guys during that period like Cliff Branch of Colorado or Mel Grey of Missouri -- but he sure was fast in pads.

I am sure the name Fred Rouse rings a bell to some people. He's the WR who committed to FSU this past recruiting class. He tested at a 4.39 in the 40 yard dash and when FSU conducted their 40 yard dash during summer conditioning a few days ago, he tested at a 4.51. Some recruits are just faster without pads then others, but it does not minimize their threat at all.

Sparntess, the chances of 5 guys committing at once is very slim. Once we hit the target amount of guys we need in this class, we just let other guys know we are done. Good bet that the coaching staff might hold off on accepting a commitment if they feel someone else is close to verballing to us. Our coaching staff does have a 1-10 of guys they would like and if number 10 commits and number 3 could commit, the coaching staff will wait.