Pelini: Starting QB to be "gametime decision"

I take Bo's comments with a grain of salt. Remember Roy just has a stinger and will be ok but Watson says it's a chronic injury. He's obviously just not ready to say yet (or hasn't decided). I believe we see one qb and unless he just lays an egg, that's all we'll see.

I sure hope they give Green the go and taylor the offense around his strengths so that even with banged up tailbacks we can avoid being one dimensional.

The O-line is obviously hurting... I would think you'd want to put the guy in there who's going to be able to ad lib a little when things break down. Lee has shown no ability to do that... funny, when you go back to option offense, that was often the difference. Code may make some freshman mistakes which cost us points, but the defense should be able to keep things close in the interim. It's time to invest in him now... it will pay big dividends down the road.

This is exactly what we DIDNT need. We now have a full blown QB controversy. QB controversies in mid-season never end well....

Yeah, Just ask Tommie Frazier about that.

Exactly. If the players really are devoting themselves to the program and want to play, maybe a little controversy is the motivation they need.

When TO put in frazier he lost to isu on the road...but that was pretty much it for the next 3 and half years...interesting to be considering a true freshman qb for the first time since frazier and our next opponent is isu. Ah jeez where's some wood to knock...

Actually, when TO first started Frazier he beat Mizzou on the road. ISU was, like, 3 games down the line. Lost 3 starts throughout his career after the QB "contoversy".