Maine Game Prediction

I'm gonna go with 55-10. They score their FG in the first and TD late in the fourth against our third stringers. Taylor throws for 200+ in the first half with 3 TDs, one to Nunn, one to Hardy and one to Ross. Ross rushes for 154 and 2 TDs, Jackson for 102 and 1 TD, and Lucky for 57 on 6 carries with a TD. Congdon boots two FGs, long of 46. First team D allows under 100 yards of offense, under 25 rushing. Tierre Green and Steve Octavien have INTs, and Carriker forces a fumble. The game gets boring with not a lot of action in the second half. Beck throws 4-for-8 for 39 yards.

I'm gonna go with 55-10. They score their FG in the first and TD late in the fourth against our third stringers. Taylor throws for 200+ in the first half with 3 TDs, one to Nunn, one to Hardy and one to Ross. Ross rushes for 154 and 2 TDs, Jackson for 102 and 1 TD, and Lucky for 57 on 6 carries with a TD. Congdon boots two FGs, long of 46. First team D allows under 100 yards of offense, under 25 rushing. Tierre Green and Steve Octavien have INTs, and Carriker forces a fumble. The game gets boring with not a lot of action in the second half. Beck throws 4-for-8 for 39 yards.

It's also boring when you know exactly what's going to happen! :P

63-10

Zac Taylor 10-19 for 275 yards and 5 touchdowns

Cory Ross 19 carries for 156 yards and 2 touchdown

Marlon Lucky 9 carries for 102 yards

Leon Jackson 10 carries for 82 yards and 1 touchdown

Defense picks off a pass and returns it for a touchdown. Zac Taylor is pulled with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter after Nebraska takes a 28-0 lead. Beau Davis and Joe Ganz combine for 98 yards of total offense in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Final Stats

First Downs: Neb 30/ Maine 11

Rushes: Neb 38-340 yards/ Maine 35 rushes for 87 yards

Passing: Neb 17-31 for 373 yards/ Maine 20 of 40 and 1 intec for 200 yards

Total offense: Neb 713 yards/ Maine 287 yards

Skers win 49-10

Rushing-300

Passing-210

First drive stalls, but ZT leads the next 3 for TD's passing for 90yds, while Ross rushes for 65.

Next drive we see Beck hand off to B Jackson and Lucky but the drive ends.

ZT plays remainder of 1st Half and 1st drive of 2nd half.

Beck and Davis play remainder of game, consisting largely of handoffs and short passes.

Maine scores a field goal on the 2nd teamers and a late TD. Leon Jackson scores a TD from 30+ yds, and Glenn pounds one in from inside the 5.

On the day:

ZT: 12-18 - 140 - 2TD-0INT

Beck: 4-7-55-0/0

Davis:2-5-15-0/1

Ross-10-95-2TD

Jackson-7-40

Lucky-7-35-1TD

Glenn and Bowman-1TD each

Play of the game-Bullocks intercepts pass and returns for TD

Carriker-2 Sacks

No Brandon Jackson or Harrison Beck?

I mentioned Beck will get some playing time this year, but i think he sits this game out because he wont have the playbook down yet. If he does play, it will be handoffs, nothing more then that. Brandon Jackson should get some reps in this game, but i think Callahan will want to see what the new guys have to offer. Kinda like last year when Callahan threw Brandon Jackson into the first game to see what he had.