is Cory Ross..."Lucky"

Lucky will see immediate action. Callahan likes to use a three runningback rotation, allthough he does rely heavily on Ross, but Lucky's versatility means you may see him and Ross or Jackson on the field at the same time, with Lucky in the slot, or motioning to the edge to create matchup problems for the defense. The man is to gifted to keep off of the field.

He was a 5 star high school player and most of the time they pan out.

Not trying to be a smart @$$, but do you have anything to back this up, like the percentages of 5* recruits who "pan out" compared to 3 and 4*???

Yea, do you? Becuase alot of the time they don't pan out. Due to injuries or just not having the will or the heart. Though if you are a five start you have some serious talent, but its how that person uses it. It's all up to them if they pan out or not.

Another thing, we had better define EXACTLY what "pan out" means. Does that mean contribute for a couple years, be a 3 yr starter, AA, or get drafted into the NFL??

IMO, I would think that to "pan out" they would have to start for at least 2 years, garner some All-Conference recogonition, and have a shot at the NFL. That would be to live up to their 4* or 5* billing.

I think pan out means contribute greatly to the program success. I think lucky has a better chance at becoming a high impact threat at NU simply because he can rely more on raw talent than beck will be able to do at the QB position. QB isnt a spot where you can just relax and let your athletic ability do the work... its more mental so he will have a tougher shot at succeeding. RB is more based on athleticsm and lucky has that already so he is more likely to advance through the depth chart faster.

Running back is one of the easiest and least complex positions to play on the field, so barring personal or academic or injury issues, i think you would be hard pressed to find a highly regarded running back coming out of high school that didnt acheive some level of success in college. Even David Horne had a big freshman year before personal problems took him away from football.

He was a 5 star high school player and most of the time they pan out.

Not trying to be a smart @$$, but do you have anything to back this up, like the percentages of 5* recruits who "pan out" compared to 3 and 4*???

Here's what I got for you dude. I went to rivals and looked at all the 5 Star High School RBs since 2002(that's as far back as it would let me go). In 02 there were 3, Ciatrick Fason(Fla), Gerald Riggs Jr(Tenn), and Jerious Norwood(Miss. St). In 03 there were 3 also, Reggie Bush(USC), Kregg Lumpkin(GA), and Demetris Summers(S. Carolina). In 04 there was only Adrian Peterson(OU). All but Lumpkin and Bush have led their team in rushing. Lumpkin was the second leading rusher on his team in 03 with around 500 yards. He took a reshirt last year so he still has three years left. Riggs really didn't do anything his first two years but had over 1100 yards last year. Fason had around 1200 yards last year and left early for the NFL. Norwood had 1000 yards last year and Summers led S. Carolina with only 480(he didn't play 2 games) and he was second on the team in 03 with 600 and change. I think we all know what Bush and Peterson have done. What does this mean? I don't know, but recent history tells us there is a pretty good chance Lucky will be good.

2 things are certain:

Lucky will play early, probably Maine

Beck will play within the first half of the season, if not sooner

Callahan wanted great recruits for a reason...get them game experience as soon as possible so that they would develop fast. He acknowledges that the offense is complex and tough to learn, and that is why Beck might have to wait longer. But if Maine pans out the way it should, don't be shocked to see both of them out on the field.