Did anyone notice Lee's numbers ??

jlar2486

Some of you amaze me. It's like it is taboo to question any of Lee's play. Let's blame it on everyone else around him instead. The fact that he is not leading this team on offense doesn't occur to you. He also threw 3 picks today. And we saw nothing of our top recruit from last year even get a whiff. What? He might throw a pick! This is reminding me of Keller/Ganz. And to top it off we've lost 2 straight games to other teams backup qb's!!! Lee didn't lose the game for us today but he sure as hell didn't win it either. I'm a black and white kind of guy also. I see an offense without any leadership.

No, that's not it. Lee WAS part of the problem. But mostly not, today at least. Lee had a decent game. We can talk about leadership, and maybe that's an issue, but today that wasn't the problem. This was a system-wide failure on offense. Every phase of the game, Running, Receiving, Line Play, Play Calling and QB Play were inadequate.

You cannot pin TODAY on Zac Lee when everything around him turned to crap.

There is plenty of criticism to lay on Lee. He threw an awful, game-ending interception. But the other two picks were not his fault, nor were the five fumbles. Take away any one of those fumbles and we win this game.

Seriously - why isn't Helu taking as much heat as Lee today? Helu played like dog ass today. I know he's injured and gutting it out, but he was nothing today. But there's two dozen threads about putting Green in, and none saying, "Let's bench Helu for Robinson."

It's pretty odd.

Probably because Helu hasn't stunk it up against everyone except the Sun Belt. Lee still threw 3 picks today. Don't make excuses.

Some of you amaze me. It's like it is taboo to question any of Lee's play. Let's blame it on everyone else around him instead. The fact that he is not leading this team on offense doesn't occur to you. He also threw 3 picks today. And we saw nothing of our top recruit from last year even get a whiff. What? He might throw a pick! This is reminding me of Keller/Ganz. And to top it off we've lost 2 straight games to other teams backup qb's!!! Lee didn't lose the game for us today but he sure as hell didn't win it either. I'm a black and white kind of guy also. I see an offense without any leadership.

No, that's not it. Lee WAS part of the problem. But mostly not, today at least. Lee had a decent game. We can talk about leadership, and maybe that's an issue, but today that wasn't the problem. This was a system-wide failure on offense. Every phase of the game, Running, Receiving, Line Play, Play Calling and QB Play were inadequate.

You cannot pin TODAY on Zac Lee when everything around him turned to crap.

There is plenty of criticism to lay on Lee. He threw an awful, game-ending interception. But the other two picks were not his fault, nor were the five fumbles. Take away any one of those fumbles and we win this game.

Seriously - why isn't Helu taking as much heat as Lee today? Helu played like dog ass today. I know he's injured and gutting it out, but he was nothing today. But there's two dozen threads about putting Green in, and none saying, "Let's bench Helu for Robinson."

It's pretty odd.

Probably because Helu hasn't stunk it up against everyone except the Sun Belt. Lee still threw 3 picks today. Don't make excuses.

No excuses. Two of which should have been caught.

Lee still threw 3 picks today. Don't make excuses.

Lee didn't throw three picks. You can NOT lay that pinball that McNeil dropped on Lee. 99.99% of the time that ball hits the ground. It was a complete fluke that the ISU player picked it up. Ruled a pick. Not Lee's fault.

Gilleylen had a ball hit him in the hands (the part he's supposed to catch balls with) and it deflected up in the air, only to be INT'd by a Clone. You can tell me that pass was behind Gilleylen, and it was, but I'm going to answer by saying there are kids in Div. II making that catch every Saturday. There are High School kids making that catch. That's Gilly's ball, period. You can pin that on Lee, but it's not all his fault.

The final pick was Lee's fault. Period.

I'm of the opinion we should start Green from here on out. It can't hurt, we've burned his shirt, and he'll benefit from the experience. But that doesn't mean that this game was Lee's fault.