Over reactionary much....

tmfr15

As the final seconds ran off the clock, I stood in shock...unable to comprehend what I saw. Then I was mad, then sad, then angry......and now, with the process complete, I am back to rational.

No one saw this coming and no one could have. Eight turnovers....that's just goofy.

The offense had moments of success and moments of struggle last year. And its blowing up this year. I am sure that most of us thought there would be a slight down turn with a new QB, but nothing like this.

Bo's defense has done well and is getting better. At least we have that going for us for now.

In all matter of Husker football, I have been able to agree with what Bo has done, from kicking players off the team to everything else. When he is wrong, he cops to it and takes full responsibility and I still respect that.

I think that he is giving Watson a full chance to turn this thing around.

If the season ends badly, there will be changes made.

Let's face it, no one said our journey from Big 12 also ran under Callahan to relevant conference and national contender would be without incident.

It's how we go forward from here. I think we have a good staff of coaches and a good leader. We will make the right decisions.

I am like everyone else. I want to be good now. I also understand that not all goes as planned.

Now.....let's move the hell on to Baylor....QUICKLY

Why give Bo the free pass on this one? I'm wondering what the pre-game speech was. "Listen fellas, Iowa State's top players are out, this game will be a joke, I'd be at a bar if they didn't pay me to stand here." Someone needs to get this team playing football. Rhoads seemed to have his team believing. My day started with seeing a guy let his dog out the front door of his house, pay no attention to the fact that it was running into a busy street, and letting a van eventually steamroll the dog at 30mph. I had to turn my head to not see it. I had no such sense to do the same during the game. Seeing that pooch get flattened was the second worst thing I saw today. Someone is accountable and that is Bo. I'm not calling for his head. I just think he needs to become a better leader right now. I also hope he doesn't own a dog.

By the way, the dog, after the sickening smack of its head on the bumper, fit between the wheels, freed itself from the undercarriage of the van and cowered down the street. I assume it lived. Our O is another story.

Why give Bo the free pass on this one? I'm wondering what the pre-game speech was. "Listen fellas, Iowa State's top players are out, this game will be a joke, I'd be at a bar if they didn't pay me to stand here." Someone needs to get this team playing football. Rhoads seemed to have his team believing. My day started with seeing a guy let his dog out the front door of his house, pay no attention to the fact that it was running into a busy street, and letting a van eventually steamroll the dog at 30mph. I had to turn my head to not see it. I had no such sense to do the same during the game. Seeing that pooch get flattened was the second worst thing I saw today. Someone is accountable and that is Bo. I'm not calling for his head. I just think he needs to become a better leader right now. I also hope he doesn't own a dog.

By the way, the dog, after the sickening smack of its head on the bumper, fit between the wheels, freed itself from the undercarriage of the van and cowered down the street. I assume it lived. Our O is another story.

The D wasn't the problem so I'm not sure what ISU's top players being out and us thinking this game would be a joke has to do with anything? The offense turned the ball over 8 times. It's an offensive problem. Ultimately, Bo is responsible but I kind doubt he would go into any game with the attitude you speak of above and hope to win. I assume Watson will get a chance to get his play calling in order and ditch the garbage that isn't working and go with our strengths. If he doesn't, Pelini will make the necessary changes.

The problem was we just kept leaving the ball on the carpet after we marched it down the field. It all comes down to players protecting the ball, which they are not doing. This is more a mental thing than anything. When your running down the sideline, and you are trying so hard not to step out of bounds that you forget to hold on tight to the ball, you fumble. That is mental. I can deal with fumbles when a guy puts a helmet on the ball in the middle of a pile up, but there just is no explaining losing the ball when nobody touches you. That is just mental...and it makes everyone in the stands and at home go mental. All the postings in the last 24 hours proves that point.

The first 72 hours after a loss like yesterday they should just shut down this board, people come on here and only want Watson's head or to tell everyone that Bo doesn't know how to coach, or attack either a cornerback or QB, when the rest of the defense or offense didn't play any better. They never want to talk about the positive aspects, or the improvements that they saw from the last week.

This week, we actually moved the ball, we got into the Red Zone, which was something we couldn't do last week. We just didn't protect the ball...8 turnovers has to be some sort of record. It seems like we find a new way to lose each and every week. I doubt we will see a "complete" game out of this team this year at this rate, but it is nothing to panic about. It is only a game.

The first 72 hours after a loss like yesterday they should just shut down this board, people come on here and only want Watson's head or to tell everyone that Bo doesn't know how to coach, or attack either a cornerback or QB, when the rest of the defense or offense didn't play any better. They never want to talk about the positive aspects, or the improvements that they saw from the last week.

This week, we actually moved the ball, we got into the Red Zone, which was something we couldn't do last week. We just didn't protect the ball...8 turnovers has to be some sort of record. It seems like we find a new way to lose each and every week. I doubt we will see a "complete" game out of this team this year at this rate, but it is nothing to panic about. It is only a game.

People have brought up the positives from last week.. but this isn't the first time this year where Watson and the rest of the offensive coaching / quarterback were lack luster.

Shutting down the forum for 3 days after a loss doesn't make much sense when the team makes similar mistakes week in and week out. How many weeks did it take to get our Oline penalties cleaned up? That smells like bad coaching to me. How many weeks has Zac Lee looked like a lost puppy in the pocket? How many games have receivers played poorly? (I'm thinking close to 7) How many times this season has Shawn Watson made horrible play calls?

Yea, the team did some things great, but the overall coaching of the offense is in the hands of Watson. Last time I checked he hasn't been doing too good of a job. If the OC is given a long leash by Bo, it shouldn't take 8 weeks during the season to figure thing out on the O-line or the rest of the team. The passing game isn't working, so lets try something else.

Instead of pounding the rock, Watson believes in winning games with bubble screens and east/west passes all day. :bang I'm not the only person who doesn't understand it.