Blocking punts

JTrain

Is it just too hard to block punts against these wide split, three back blocker formations? Our punt return team used to be good for 2-3 blocks a season. Now we almost always try for the return, yet rarely get anything significant.

ISU punted nine times yesterday. I just kept thinking, if we go after those punts, all we need is ONE block and we win the game.

honestly i think our punt return team is actually kinda good. i know a lot of people are anti- niles paul but he is close to returning a punt almost everytime..... ya i know close does not count.. but o well... :clap

Do you not remember the sh#t-zou game, how many turnovers/near turnovers did we have in our punt game, then again only about half of what we did last game.

yes i remember the mizzou game ( well kinda..loosing 12 to nothing starting the 4th quarter in more than pooring rain makes the whiskey taste decent..) ok we dropped one punt maybe two. ( im sure someone will correct that for me) but look at the conditions the best punt catcher in the country most likely would of let a ball falling straight down from 40 feer? in pooring down rain slip by him.. you have to agree that the return game is not as bad as made out to be in this thread.. if you do think so please keep explaining im all for a nice debate...

:box