My opinion/rant

I was out of town so I missed the game. I spent the entire weekend trying to avoid any contact with anyone who might tell me the score to the game. I gave my girlfriend the phone every time a text was sent to me and didn't even want to listen to the Chief's game this afternoon in case they mentioned the score.

Anyway, so first...a rant:

WHY THE f#*k CAN'T WE HOLD ONTO THE DAMN BALL!!!! I swear I have like 10 holes in my walls from throwing stuff at them every time we lost the ball. I understand if Helu has a problem holding onto it (then why put him in the game in the first place), but how many other people can't keep it wrapped up?!?!?! ugh

We've had so many posts about Lee lately but he did NOT lose this game for us. Even if he had a few interceptions. The game was lost by the receivers dropping passes and the running backs/receivers fumbles. RIDICULOUS

Defense KICKS ASS. Again!!!! Man I love those guys. We had a couple unlucky plays, but for the most part they are still a championship defense. I don't understand it. How can we go from the Callahan days where we see a strong offense backed up by a crappy weak offense...fire our head coach, keep our offensive coaches, get a great defensive minded coach...and then our defense Kick Ass as we would expect but then the O suffers!?!!!?

And to all you guys saying Suh was overrated a few weeks ago...he played a great game!!!!!!!! Still love this guy!!! And now have an even stronger love for Crick and Co.

Anyway, I know you guys have probably been discussing this all to death, so I'll go catch up on what I miss. Just thought I'd rant for bit!

I'm still waiting for that single moment that turns this team around and we start winning championships!!!!!

People will argue, "It wasn't x, it was y." Well the fact is, it was everything. In a game this close, any single improvement would have won us the game. Take away Helu's fumble on the first play and we probably win. Take away even one of the redzone fumbles and we win. Take away the 3rd down drop after the FG block and we probably win. Stop the fake punt and we probably win. Lee sees any of the open receivers on any of the drives that stalled and we probably win.

Since the QB is the guy touching the ball every snap, even the slightest upgrade at that position can make a significant improvement on the final results. Sure, Lee didn't play horribly, but he cannot read coverage or even progress through reads on most plays. That stuff is undetectable in the stats. Those at the game that watched the routes progress, you saw all types of receivers coming open while Lee stared down his first read along the sideline. This was not the Baltimore Ravens defense we were up against, or even the Oklahoma Sooners. It was a very mediocre Iowa State defense that Todd Reesing absolutely carved up for 440 yards and 4 TDs.

Helluva job avoiding the game results. I would never have the willpower. Too bad the game had to suck so hard.

The good thing is we are literally eleven players away from a national championship worthy team, because we are there on defense.

Oh yeah I hope that stunt K.Williams did shows that he is stepping up as a leader on the offense, and not the O completely destructing at the seams.

2008 Offense + 2009 Defense = Legitimate top 10 team