I'm really starting to get annoyed.

HuskerT

The more I read about this topic, the more Pissed I get! Apparently Bo keeps insisting that Green isn't ready, but judging from Lee's and the teams performance this year I have a hard time believing that Lee is. Just because he's been named the starter should we automatically assume that he's ready and he's the best guy for the job. I have a very hard time believing that our record would be any different had Green been named starter at the beginning of the season. Matter of fact someone would have a hard time convincing me that our record wouldn't be a little better. I'm not saying I wouldn't or don't support Lee because I, like most of you just want to win, but if everything I've said is even close to being true, why the heck not start Green?

The more I read about this topic, the more Pissed I get! Apparently Bo keeps insisting that Green isn't ready, but judging from Lee's and the teams performance this year I have a hard time believing that Lee is. Just because he's been named the starter should we automatically assume that he's ready and he's the best guy for the job. I have a very hard time believing that our record would be any different had Green been named starter at the beginning of the season. Matter of fact someone would have a hard time convincing me that our record wouldn't be a little better. I'm not saying I wouldn't or don't support Lee because I, like most of you just want to win, but if everything I've said is even close to being true, why the heck not start Green?

I hate being that guy crying for change, or the "fire this guy" guy ...but even Tim Griffin questioned Green not even seeing a snap in the Iowa State game. http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/56...e-big-12-week-8

The questions aren't emanating solely from Nebraska fans...

I hate being that guy crying for change, or the "fire this guy" guy ...but even Tim Griffin questioned Green not even seeing a snap in the Iowa State game. http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/56...e-big-12-week-8

Exactly right, it bothers me that coaches just can't admit when they're wrong or when somethings not working. Would it have killed him to start Green on saturday, it was the perfect opportunity. ISU was missing their starting QB and RB. So my thinking is, okay we give Green a shot and see what he can do, but instead we get another lackluster performance by Lee and the whole offense and lose 9-7. I realize we get to criticize things after they happen, but am I way off base?

Exactly right, it bothers me that coaches just can't admit when they're wrong or when somethings not working. Would it have killed him to start Green on saturday, it was the perfect opportunity. ISU was missing their starting QB and RB. So my thinking is, okay we give Green a shot and see what he can do, but instead we get another lackluster performance by Lee and the whole offense and lose 9-7. I realize we get to criticize things after they happen, but am I way off base?

Whoa, whoa! I'm not saying anything like, "the coaches are wrong..." I think that Lee should've started that game. I'm just rather surprised that we didn't see Green. Not for one series. Not once. Nada.

It's a little, well, off-putting in my mind. But that is only my opinion.

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

Yeah. Exactly.

The coaches see these guys every day in practice. They know a bit more than we do.

Plus I've never understood the conspiracy theories. Do you people honestly think that Bo (or Watson for that matter) are deliberately playing players who they think give us less of a shot to win games. Because if you think that I think your head should probably be examined.

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

Yeah. Exactly.

The coaches see these guys every day in practice. They know a bit more than we do.

Plus I've never understood the conspiracy theories. Do you people honestly think that Bo (or Watson for that matter) are deliberately playing players who they think give us less of a shot to win games. Because if you think that I think your head should probably be examined.

You don't think that Green should have had at least a series? We burned the kid's redshirt...why not give him one series and see what happens?

P.S., it's a discussion board. If your theory holds true, we may as well just shut Huskerboard down...

Yeah. Exactly.

:yeah

I dont understand why it is taking Green so long to grasp the idea of checking down to a dump pass, works amazingly for Lee

I don't think anybody is claiming to know more then the coaches... I just personally believe that they are putting way to much stock into the way Zac Lee practices.. because he clearly isn't the same player in practice that he is in the game. I've said this many times on this board that there are difference between practice players and gamers... and Zac Lee is clearly not a gamer...

And another thing that most people who are calling for Green to start is that we may as well build for next year and the future. Apparently that isn't Bo's philosophy.. is anyone saying they know more, no. Its just that I disagree with his decisions. Everyone will differ on there opinions and I think that Bo is just flat wrong in how much weight he puts on how well Lee performs in practice.

And another thing that most people who are calling for Green to start is that we may as well build for next year and the future. Apparently that isn't Bo's philosophy..

You seriously believe that? Bo's philosophy is OBVIOUSLY building for the future. Look at the way he redshirted all those linebackers last year.

Green was a raw passer running a simple offense in HS. He's got a long way to go before we just toss him in the fire.

Yeah. Exactly.

You don't think that Green should have had at least a series? We burned the kid's redshirt...why not give him one series and see what happens?

P.S., it's a discussion board. If your theory holds true, we may as well just shut Huskerboard down...

Quite the contrary, actually. Cody Green looks to me like he provides enough of a duel threat that he should see the field, despite his shaky passing. That said, I fully realize that the coaches see the players play for a couple hours a day . . . every day. I see them play for 3 hours a week. Obviously they have a better idea about what is best for the team than I do.

How better to get Green experience than by playing him?? He probably shouldn't start but he should get an opportunity to prove that he can make a difference.

If you're not willing to put him in game after game based on practice performance. How do you think that will affect his psyche?

You need to show some trust in your future.