Niles Paul article

Did you forget to hit this: :sarcasm ?

I mean we ask 18 year olds on a daily basis to risk their lives over in the Middle East. I don't think its too much to ask a 20 to 21 year old man to hold onto the football or even catching the damn thing. I helped coach junior high football a couple of seasons. We expected 12 and 13 year olds to hold onto the ball.

I don't think they did. I mean, it is pretty difficult to catch a ball, especially when it's thrown right at you.

If only the balls were actually thrown right at them dedhoarse

I feel bad for him a little bit. First of all, the kid is obviously the best we have. I know that isn't saying a lot right now, but its true. Furthermore, just like Lee and everyone else this is his first year starting. He doesn't have Swift and Peterson around to take a burden off of him. I think he is putting too much pressure on himself, and it is causing him to think too much on the field.

On top of that, he should only be a RS Sophomore. Thanks Callahan, another great decision.

He has made mistakes, but after reading T_O_B's post earlier, I am through with throwing blame out. It makes me depressed so I am going to pump sunshine this week.

Who knows, maybe we fix it all. I truly believe it is mental and a vocal leader can turn this around. Mental mistakes are turned around much faster than technique mistakes.

Statistically Paul had a pretty big game but that one play and the loss overshadowed it. I was disappointed with his lack of effort on the last "non" drive at the end of the game. Lee threw one deep and it seemed he didn't even want to go up and try to take the ball and the defender just knocked it down. Some may disagree but I thought it was a catchable ball similar to a rebound.

all of our recievers suck. This isnt even worth posting about. He lost us the momentum early against TT, with the worst play i have ever seen effort wise from a team, and then he looses the ball pretty much by himself. Do the team a favor, find a warm spot on the bench.

McNeil is a good TE we need to utilize him more

Statistically Paul had a pretty big game but that one play and the loss overshadowed it. I was disappointed with his lack of effort on the last "non" drive at the end of the game. Lee threw one deep and it seemed he didn't even want to go up and try to take the ball and the defender just knocked it down. Some may disagree but I thought it was a catchable ball similar to a rebound.

I actually think Paul is afraid of getting hit......

I am 100% sure that his leg was not the cause of him loosing the ball.

Sports Sound Off had a front view of the play and Niles Paul just dropped it as he was trying to high step to stay in bounds.

Ya, the thought in my mind comes from the movie, "Remember the Titans" ...

I can see Pete droppin the ball and ol' Boone grabin' him by the facemask and asking him, "Why did you drop the football". He answers, "my blockers didn't block sir". Boone replies, "did your blockers drop the ball or did you drop the ball. Pete doesn't have a response. Boone says, "How many feet are in a mile ... (louder and quickly follows with) ... HOW MANY FEET ARE IN A MILE?

Boone says, "5,280 feets ... you run every one of them Pettie ... YOUR KILLIN ME PETE ... YOUR KILLIN ME!"

It appears that Niles is saying, "My knee caused the fumble" ...

and the coaches response should be ... "5,280 feet ... you run every one them Niles ... YOUR KILLIN ME!_

SheepdogMark