Starting quarterback tomorrow..

I am sure someone is gonna want this moved, and if the mods want to move this to a different thread thats great. I just didnt want to burry this on one of those other threads cause i think these stats are important.

Baylor's defense is terrible and I just want to win a game, so please just run the ball. Baylor's D is ranked 91st in total defense giving up 401 yards per game and even worse they are 100th in rushing defense giving up 184 yards per game.

Its not like Baylor has been going up against some powerhouses offense's either. The only 2 teams Baylor has played that are in the top 50 in total offense are Oklahoma(29th) and Oklahoma St.(30th)

They have played 3 teams that rank in the top 50 rushing offenses:

Iowa St.(16th)-rushed for 240 yards

Ok. St.(27th)-rushed for 195 yards

UConn(42nd)-rushed for 235 yards

So I guess the point of this post is Watson should come out and line up with a couple TE's, a FB and just run right at Baylor. If this does not happen then we might need to consider getting a new OC, or have our offensive staff take to a class on "taking teams will power" (taught by Dr. Osborne and special guest Jason Peter)

If Iowa St. can rush for 240 yards then we better be able to rush for over 200 yards, and if we do that then there is no reason we dont win, I dont care is they put Jim Ebke at QB, as long as we run it right down the Bear's throats

Having said all that i would like to see Green play cause he gives us the best chance to win going forward this season (just my opinion)

the main purpose of the post was "we need to run the ball". I didnt see multiple threads on that subject so i didnt think i was beating a dead horse. Everyone else has there opinion so i thought i would briefly share mine, and i by no means wanted to talk about the QB situation on this thread.

So I guess the point of this post is Watson should come out and line up with a couple TE's, a FB and just run right at Baylor. If this does not happen then we might need to consider getting a new OC, or have our offensive staff take to a class on "taking teams will power" (taught by Dr. Osborne and special guest Jason Peter)

I have a feeling we will instead try to get a little rhythm goin by throwin the ball which is completely idiotic. HOPEFULLY watson uses the run the set up the pass, but I have a feeling he will be trying to use this as practice when we should be just trying to get a W

the main purpose of the post was "we need to run the ball". I didnt see multiple threads on that subject so i didnt think i was beating a dead horse. Everyone else has there opinion so i thought i would briefly share mine, and i by no means wanted to talk about the QB situation on this thread.

Actually this sentiment has been mirrored in many many threads...

Actually this sentiment has been mirrored in many many threads...

My Bad

i by no means wanted to talk about the QB situation on this thread.

then you definitely shouldn't have mentioned it and turned this into another start green thread.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

pssst...

pssst....

(whispering) hey you, yeah you, over here. around the corner. yes, that's it.

(still whispering) I'm guessing the coaches have looked at some film and will come up with a good game plan. IF the players can get and keep their frikken hands on the ball. I'm guessing they'll do ok.

(in a regular voice) O.K. now back to your regularly scheduled green vs lee thread.

Is it fair to Cody to be asked to play an away Big 12 game and to start with a whole new batch of new recievers who are young and getting a first start? To me this a recipe for West Coast offense disaster and a Waco meltdown! :dunno:blink::madash ?

You could look at it this way.... Green has been working with these second team receivers more in practice with the 2nd team offense. So if he and a couple of these guys start they would be on the same page more than he would with Holt and the others who are not starting.

Yes, a real coaching quandry. But, they have the advaNTAGE OF SEEING THE PLAYERS INTERACT IN PRACTICE. ALLTHOUGH THE COACHES TELL US THEY HAVE BEEN HAVING GREAT PRACTICES THEN THEY FUMBLE 8 TIMES

Perhaps we have a practice problem like what Jason Peter has said.

I guess that is why we pay Bo and staff the big money.

My two big gripes are the fact that the coaches say that the kids are executing in practice but can not put it on the field on game day. Whose fault?

Second the play calling and how the players are used.

Since Watson should logically start Cody look for Lee to start!

And, since we need to run to win, look for Watson to pass behind the line of schrimage and call it a run.

So, it will be shotgun with Lee since it takes years to learn the checks and the multiplicity to be a NU QB.

i by no means wanted to talk about the QB situation on this thread.

then you definitely shouldn't have mentioned it and turned this into another start green thread.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

pssst...

pssst....

(whispering) hey you, yeah you, over here. around the corner. yes, that's it.

(still whispering) I'm guessing the coaches have looked at some film and will come up with a good game plan. IF the players can get and keep their frikken hands on the ball. I'm guessing they'll do ok.

(in a regular voice) O.K. now back to your regularly scheduled green vs lee thread.

I thought this was a FB thread.

OU has lost 3 games by how many points? It's not so much OU's offense that scares me. It's how many points will OU's D put on us that has me concerned. Given the last two weeks performance by the Huskers, it's difficult to believe we won't get "rocked".

If we give the Sooners 8 turnovers they will beat us 70-0. The Sooners are not Iowa State...