That kid...

Just a weird thought that I had driving today. I am from central Nebraska and in my class in HS we had just one kid that lived and died OU football. He had absolutely no ties to the University or State. This boggled my mind. We claimed he got onto the band wagon when they were on their hot streak early 2000's, but he claimed he has always loved them. He was very hassled about it literally to where people would yell at him at the lunch table and to this day my friends and I still call him to make fun of a Sooner loss...

I guess I was just curious how many of you knew/know a blacksheep like this or is this an isolated incident?

Hmmm. I was on the recieving end of this my whole life. Jerk. :)

I can relate. Dad was a huge Barry Switzer/OU fan. Grew up in Stillwater. Gave up on the Cowboys in 3rd grade when Brent Parker dropped the touchdown in the endzone. Liked the Huskers as they had the blue collar/farm boy personna and have liked them ever since. Used to look forward to NU coming to Stillwater to play. Been thru Nebraska several times but never attended school there.

cryingsooner.gif

That Kid... How some very random people idolize the Sooners.

I thought this thread was going to be about this kid:

agony-of-defeat.jpg

I have a 10yr old nephew living in Omaha with both parents being UNL grads..But Texass has always been his favourite team..Baseball and Football.

I grew up in South Central Nebraska and I've been a Husker fan ever since I can remember..'71 season?

But I seldom wore any Husker gear except in fifth? grade that favourite T-shirt that had all our FB scores from that '71 season..But even while attending UNL, I don't remember having any Husker shirts..

I'd be the guy wearing ASU shirts that my older brother sent me after graduating UNL and taking graduate classes in Tempe after work...ASU had a much better Engineering school and after a couple of hot UNL co-eds asked me if I played for ASU and assumed I knew how to party...I was hooked..Plus I really really hate cold weather.

Now that I live out here in ASU country...I have several dozen Husker shirts and seldom go out in public without wearing one. :horns2