2004 Recruit Commits

I have to ask, but do we really know that Grixby is "that" good? Im curious as to how he got a 5 star and #2 overall ranking at CB when Neb high schools are the anithesis of gun slingers.

Has he truly been tested? or is this just a general ranking based on his overall athletic ability? I cant see him as the 2nd best CB in the entire friggin country at 5-9". there has to be a dozen or so 6-0+ guys that play in FL CA & TX where the ball is aired out more. Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

My fault regarding Hatchett. I read something, and misunderstood it. I apologize. The link on http://www.huskerbay.com/new/04_commits.htm next to Hatchett is actually for Ganz.

I still think we need to go after a big time possession receiver if we want the WC offense to really work. A guy that you can always count on to catch a few balls every game. I know what we have already, but I'm not convinced that these guys are ready for serious pass coverage, which we will get once teams step off of the line and stop focusing on the run.

I gotta think that the real BIG time receivers are still hesitant about Neb. (in wait and see mode). Most want to go where they will have their talent "show cased" for the NFL. I think we will do fine with what we have. Who knows what guys like fluelin would do with someone that can actually get the rock to them. I also think this new offense will "walk before it runs". I think it will utilize the tight end and running backs more inshort pass situations. I also have to think that a lot will be based on how the players develop and respond.

Sorry about that mis-link jsb7674. I'll fix it tonight. I do agree though about the poss receiver. Seems that most successful WCO's have one big timer and a few real good move-the-chains guys.

Good points CH. This year is more critical than alotta people think. Right now I think many of these "big name" guys are givin us a look simply based on Callys name, and the hype around him/positive momentum. But if we fall on our faces this season, and show that we are more than 1 off-season away from effectively executing the WCO, a lot of these "big namers" like you mentioned CH will be dissuaded even from visiting.

Seriously, if you had an offer from a Florida/Miami team that has been passing for years, and an NU team that decided to rearrange an insitution overnight, which horse would you put your future on?