Suh's acting

brasky

While it may have been head's up and smart, taking a dive is not something I'd be particularly proud of. Not sure how to take this...

<_<

You think this was "taking a dive?" Taking a dive is essentially folding on a sport because you're scared, you're paid off or you just don't respect the game. That is about 180 degrees opposite of what was going on here. Protecting a teammate is not "taking a dive."

While it may have been head's up and smart, taking a dive is not something I'd be particularly proud of. Not sure how to take this...

<_<

You think this was "taking a dive?" Taking a dive is essentially folding on a sport because you're scared, you're paid off or you just don't respect the game. That is about 180 degrees opposite of what was going on here. Protecting a teammate is not "taking a dive."

Well, when you put it like that...

I was simply borrowing another poster's terminology though. And he did fake an injury, even if it was well-intentioned. Why not call a timeout? I mean, I'm not mad that Suh did that or anything, but if it had been McCoy, wouldn't we have been all over him on how dishonorable he is and how Suh would never do such a thing, etc, etc?

I don't know...

<_<

I was simply borrowing another poster's terminology though. And he did fake an injury, even if it was well-intentioned. Why not call a timeout? I mean, I'm not mad that Suh did that or anything, but if it had been McCoy, wouldn't we have been all over him on how dishonorable he is and how Suh would never do such a thing, etc, etc?

I don't know...

OK, I get it.

And I don't know that I would be upset about it if McCoy did it. Maybe. Hard to say. :)

<_<

I don't know...

OK, I get it.

And I don't know that I would be upset about it if McCoy did it. Maybe. Hard to say. :)

"Taking a dive" was probably a bad term on my part..But Before re-watching the video, I didn't know what the op was talking about when he stated, "Dennard would not 'go down'".

This was much better than wasting a valuable timeout..As it was, a one armed Dennard was likely to get thrown at on the very next play probably resulting in a first & goal or TD...and Suh (and it appeared like Crick) both liked our chances better with West and Stein in there..also knowing OU would more likely attack the middle on the next play with Suh out of there...Sure enough, OU ran off tackle to Stein's side and Crick slanted in behind Stein and made the stop.

I'd applaud either team for thinking that fast.

Suh denies faking cramps Story Highlights

Ndamukong Suh says he really had a leg cramp in the fourth quarter Saturday

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Some fans would nominate Ndamukong (en-DOM-uh-ken) Suh (Soo) for an acting award.

But Nebraska's star defensive lineman says he really had a leg cramp when he collapsed in the fourth quarter against Oklahoma -- right as Nebraska coaches were desperately motioning for injured cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (DEN-erd) to get off the field.

Suh's timely cramp has been a hot topic on Internet message boards. Fans have lauded Suh for creating a diversion so the visibly hurting Dennard, who banged up his left shoulder, could get to the sidelines.

Asked Tuesday whether he was acting or legitimately in pain when he fell and grabbed his right thigh, Suh laughed and said folks could speculate all they want, but he really was cramping.

Suh returned after going out for one play.