Why Lee will start in 2 days

Travis9

Funny how some folks try and flame someone for "knowing it all" all the while thinking they "know it all"!! :facepalm:

:yeah

:snacks:

should be interesting the rest of the way out here.....i'd love to see husker4lif3's accomplishments on the football field that make him so much more competent than newearth in that category... does high school JV starting QB count?

And how many of those QB's have panned out smart ****... Those aren't quality quarterbacks except Green, since we havent been able to see him.

By “panned out” does that mean started a couple games, and then got benched because they were playing ineffectively, but showed some promise by making a couple plays in mop up duty against poor teams? :dunno If that is the case then I would say they all “panned out”, maybe just not at Nebraska though. Harrison Beck is doing pretty well at North Alabama this year after he finally grew up and decided to play football. Zac Lee, whether you like it or not has started more games at NU then Green has so as of right now he has proved to be more of a “quality” player. Green may end up being good or he could end up to be average like a lot of other 4 Star highly rated Quarterbacks. If you ask me he has a better chance of being the next Xavier Lee instead of being the next Vince Young like some are saying. (I seriously hope I’m wrong about that one)

I know you haven't played football in your life so you live yours through huskerboard.. And yes i know i could have made that pass to a wide the F*** open reciever.

You got me with this one. I played High School football just like probably 75% of the people on here that is as far as I played. I actually played QB as well (16 years ago so none of this carries any weight and means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things it also doesn’t mean that I could make throws that a D1 QB is making). I have talked to plenty of guys that have played sports at the D1 – D2 level and no matter what some want to believe it is NOT comparable to playing in High School. Not even close. Zac Lee has started for a Top Level Big 12 football team, which if you think about it is probably the 2nd best conference in the nation so not just any Friday evening quarterback can accomplish that. He makes throws that none of us could make, no matter what some want to believe. If you actually think you could have made that throw to the corner of the end zone, against the OU defense, in front of 85,000 people then maybe you should go on down and walk on and beat out Zac Lee. When that happens I can then live my tired, old, insignificant football life through you. :bs:

FWIW: I also played basketball but that doesn’t mean I could make a free throw at Cameron Indoor in front of 18,000 people, I played baseball (some in college as well) but that doesn’t mean I could throw a strike at the Blatt in front of 24,000, I golfed but that doesn’t mean I could make a putt at Augusta, I drive on the interstate and make left turn’s everyday but that doesn’t mean I could drive at Daytona, I make a mean burger on the grill but that doesn’t mean I could out grill Bobby Flay, I am deadly with a lightsaber but that doesn’t mean I could take down Luke Skywalker. :ahhhhhhhh:madash

So have fun on your computer in the basement of your moms house...

Sorry it took so long for me to respond I had a big time Dungeons and Dragons tournament last night at The Dragons Lair. I then came home and chugged a bunch of Red Bull, ate some Pixie Stix and gamed all-night with my imaginary girlfriend Amidala. Now if you’ll excuse me I am going to crash pretty hard on my hide-a-bed that I sleep on in my mom’s basement. I have to work a shift at the local video store and then me and Amidala are going to go do a medieval reenactment tonight with all of my renaissance friends. FIREBALL! FIREBALL! MAJOR DAMAGE! MAJOR DAMAGE! :moreinteresting:facepalm:

And how many of those QB's have panned out smart ****... Those aren't quality quarterbacks except Green, since we havent been able to see him.

By “panned out” does that mean started a couple games, and then got benched because they were playing ineffectively, but showed some promise by making a couple plays in mop up duty against poor teams? :dunno If that is the case then I would say they all “panned out”, maybe just not at Nebraska though. Harrison Beck is doing pretty well at North Alabama this year after he finally grew up and decided to play football. Zac Lee, whether you like it or not has started more games at NU then Green has so as of right now he has proved to be more of a “quality” player. Green may end up being good or he could end up to be average like a lot of other 4 Star highly rated Quarterbacks. If you ask me he has a better chance of being the next Xavier Lee instead of being the next Vince Young like some are saying. (I seriously hope I’m wrong about that one)

I know you haven't played football in your life so you live yours through huskerboard.. And yes i know i could have made that pass to a wide the F*** open reciever.

You got me with this one. I played High School football just like probably 75% of the people on here that is as far as I played. I actually played QB as well (16 years ago so none of this carries any weight and means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things it also doesn’t mean that I could make throws that a D1 QB is making). I have talked to plenty of guys that have played sports at the D1 – D2 level and no matter what some want to believe it is NOT comparable to playing in High School. Not even close. Zac Lee has started for a Top Level Big 12 football team, which if you think about it is probably the 2nd best conference in the nation so not just any Friday evening quarterback can accomplish that. He makes throws that none of us could make, no matter what some want to believe. If you actually think you could have made that throw to the corner of the end zone, against the OU defense, in front of 85,000 people then maybe you should go on down and walk on and beat out Zac Lee. When that happens I can then live my tired, old, insignificant football life through you. :bs:

FWIW: I also played basketball but that doesn’t mean I could make a free throw at Cameron Indoor in front of 18,000 people, I played baseball (some in college as well) but that doesn’t mean I could throw a strike at the Blatt in front of 24,000, I golfed but that doesn’t mean I could make a putt at Augusta, I drive on the interstate and make left turn’s everyday but that doesn’t mean I could drive at Daytona, I make a mean burger on the grill but that doesn’t mean I could out grill Bobby Flay, I am deadly with a lightsaber but that doesn’t mean I could take down Luke Skywalker. :ahhhhhhhh:madash

So have fun on your computer in the basement of your moms house...

Sorry it took so long for me to respond I had a big time Dungeons and Dragons tournament last night at The Dragons Lair. I then came home and chugged a bunch of Red Bull, ate some Pixie Stix and gamed all-night with my imaginary girlfriend Amidala. Now if you’ll excuse me I am going to crash pretty hard on my hide-a-bed that I sleep on in my mom’s basement. I have to work a shift at the local video store and then me and Amidala are going to go do a medieval reenactment tonight with all of my renaissance friends. FIREBALL! FIREBALL! MAJOR DAMAGE! MAJOR DAMAGE! :moreinteresting:facepalm:

:clap

They should just let SUH hit him fullout in practice one time, so he knows that no hit will hurt worse than that one the rest of his life.

uh...

no.

very bad idea. :dumdum

suh would kill him. literally.

It wouldn't look good in the papers and who wants to tell zachs mom? :dunno

Ha i know it was sarcasm.. But maybe you didnt get it?

All I know is I'm so freakin tired of all this talk(positive and negative) and speculation about Green. Some think he is going to be an all star and some think he is horrible for some reason. He is a true freshman people! Put the speculation to rest and let the guy alone if the coaches decide he should start. If he does good when he's in thats cool. If not, don't downgrade him, give up on him, and say he sucks or will never get it done. HE IS A TRUE FRESHMAN!!!

May be the wrong thread, but are we seriously comparing percentages and stats of Green and Lee as if it makes a difference??

Thanks, that is all.

All I know is I'm so freakin tired of all this talk(positive and negative) and speculation about Green. Some think he is going to be an all star and some think he is horrible for some reason. He is a true freshman people! Put the speculation to rest and let the guy alone if the coaches decide he should start. If he does good when he's in thats cool. If not, don't downgrade him, give up on him, and say he sucks or will never get it done. HE IS A TRUE FRESHMAN!!!

May be the wrong thread, but are we seriously comparing percentages and stats of Green and Lee as if it makes a difference??

Thanks, that is all.

I've started speculating on how long the speculation will continue.