stadium nastiness

np_husker

I didnt want to start a new thread, if you can check out the Miss State, Bama game.... THAT my fellow Husker fans is crowd noise....

When was the last husker game you went to?

NU-OU last week... Although it took until after the half to get into it. It really ramped up in the fourth. This game sounds off the hook from the kickoff...

Down here where I live we have an outdoor shopping mall / boardwalk on the Red River. When LSU played against Ohio State for the championship, a ton of people showed up on the boardwalk to celebrate the occasion. I went there with a Nebraska jersey on and an LSU hat (rooting for LSU and Bo Pelini). Of course some idiots showed up in LSU and Ohio State garb and began to pick fights with eachother outside of the Hooters balcony. It became a bit escalated and turned into a brawl. There were fat guys punching and cussing, women yelling and screaming, little kids bawling and crying...

Eventually the Shreveport Segway Police descended upon the mob and kicked out EVERYBODY in the area who was wearing LSU or Ohio St. stuff. Me, the lone Husker who happened to be in the area (I was smoking and didn't see much of the rumble until it blew up) got ejected and mug-shotted and BANNED from the Boardwalk. A lot of other people were arrested instead... some of them being fathers because you could see the wives and kids fallow the handcuffed dad into the parking lot or Po-Po booking area.

Although I didn't see it, start it or had anything to do with it, I know for a fact it was started by an Ohio St. fan. It was in the local news.

nice...I just ate at that boardwalk tonight. have to admit though...I pretty much decided shreveport is the scum of the earth. although over here in longview, tx its not much better

This article means very little to me due to inconclusive stats and differing record keeping from every stadium. Plus, I don't know how they decided to pick the stadiums that turned over there stats, but I feel like that was far from a fool proof method. I feel if they want to publish this type of article, then record keeping needs to be the same from every large and small stadium. Then after that has been done, the numbers will be much clearer in defining "stadium nastiness."

And, IMO, any stadium not releasing stats or claiming they don't have them, are probably the nastiest stadiums of all!

Down here where I live we have an outdoor shopping mall / boardwalk on the Red River. When LSU played against Ohio State for the championship, a ton of people showed up on the boardwalk to celebrate the occasion. I went there with a Nebraska jersey on and an LSU hat (rooting for LSU and Bo Pelini). Of course some idiots showed up in LSU and Ohio State garb and began to pick fights with eachother outside of the Hooters balcony. It became a bit escalated and turned into a brawl. There were fat guys punching and cussing, women yelling and screaming, little kids bawling and crying...

Eventually the Shreveport Segway Police descended upon the mob and kicked out EVERYBODY in the area who was wearing LSU or Ohio St. stuff. Me, the lone Husker who happened to be in the area (I was smoking and didn't see much of the rumble until it blew up) got ejected and mug-shotted and BANNED from the Boardwalk. A lot of other people were arrested instead... some of them being fathers because you could see the wives and kids fallow the handcuffed dad into the parking lot or Po-Po booking area.

Although I didn't see it, start it or had anything to do with it, I know for a fact it was started by an Ohio St. fan. It was in the local news.

nice...I just ate at that boardwalk tonight. have to admit though...I pretty much decided shreveport is the scum of the earth. although over here in longview, tx its not much better

Haha... I apologize that you had to eat at the boardwalk. Saltgrass is overpriced and gives you TINY glasses of beer for like twelve bucks. The Hooters in Shreveport lacks... hooters. Joe's Crab Shack is okay but not that great. Copelands Cheesecake Bistro is the only good resteraunt there so it's always packed busy...

I totally agree with you about Shreveport. We must have the worst drivers in America... People NEVER signal turns or use turning lanes, they ALWAYS go down the left lane at less than twenty miles of the posted speed limit and always slam on their brakes at unpredictable intervals to intentionally try to force people into rear-end accidents.

When I went to the Independence Stadium for the bowl game, the traffic was maddening. Shreveport is at least fifty years behind on roadways and when you have so many people who drive like total sh*t together in one area... :madash

You are completely justified in whatever criticism you give Shreveport. :thumbs