THE perfect game

Nexus

Had a good convo with my Dad earlier today and told him that we have yet to put together THE perfect game this year against a worthy BCS team where both sides of the ball are playing lights out.

By perfect, I mean playing up to and even beyond our capabilities on both sides of the ball. Limiting mental miscues (penalties, play clock management, etc.)

Assuming that we play for the Big XII Championship, it would be great to see THE perfect game come together against Texas and spoiling their shot at the National Title as well as having a chance to play in a BCS bowl.

After seeing the offense show some life yesterday, I couldn't help but be optimistic about the direction we're headed going into the final 2 games of the regular season.

If Nebraska does win out the rest of this season, it would go down as one of the strangest yet bittersweet seasons in the history of our program.

What are your thoughts?

Had a good convo with my Dad earlier today and told him that we have yet to put together THE perfect game this year against a worthy BCS team where both sides of the ball are playing lights out.

By perfect, I mean playing up to and even beyond our capabilities on both sides of the ball. Limiting mental miscues (penalties, play clock management, etc.)

Assuming that we play for the Big XII Championship, it would be great to see THE perfect game come together against Texas and spoiling their shot at the National Title as well as having a chance to play in a BCS bowl.

After seeing the offense show some life yesterday, I couldn't help but be optimistic about the direction we're headed going into the final 2 games of the regular season.

If Nebraska does win out the rest of this season, it would go down as one of the strangest yet bittersweet seasons in the history of our program.

What are your thoughts?

If we play the perfect game against UT and we win, we could still get left out of a BCS Bowl game as UT will slide into it as it is already assumed UT will be playing for all the marbles. Where would they put us then as Texas Tech only has 2 losses and they win the head to head with and would finish higher in the conference than us even with their 2 losses, OSU would go to a higher bowl game as well as OSU beat Tech finishing with only 2 losses as well. Both still have to play OU, and if they both lose we will go to a higher bowl than them and if they both win we will end up with a lower bowl game than them even though we won the conference. So we may get screwed even if we win the conference. IMHO

If we play the perfect game against UT and we win, we could still get left out of a BCS Bowl game as UT will slide into it as it is already assumed UT will be playing for all the marbles. Where would they put us then as Texas Tech only has 2 losses and they win the head to head with and would finish higher in the conference than us even with their 2 losses, OSU would go to a higher bowl game as well as OSU beat Tech finishing with only 2 losses as well. Both still have to play OU, and if they both lose we will go to a higher bowl than them and if they both win we will end up with a lower bowl game than them even though we won the conference. So we may get screwed even if we win the conference. IMHO

The winner of the Big 12 Championship game goes to a BCS bowl. So if we play and beat Texas we would go to the Fiesta Bowl no matter what because that is where Big 12 Champion goes unless they are playing for the National Championship.