maine game on ppv

I don't think it will be. After the WIU game last year, Pederson realized that Fox was taking advantage of the fact that NU fans will pay damn neared anything to watch the games, and Fox would start to deliberately not put NU games on FSN so they could PPV them. Remember Fox tried to PPV the Kansas game, but Pederson turned them down on the offer. Good call, imo. $30 is outrageous considering that one day of games on ESPN gameplan (turns out to be around 15 games) runs $15.

I don't think it will be. After the WIU game last year, Pederson realized that Fox was taking advantage of the fact that NU fans will pay damn neared anything to watch the games, and Fox would start to deliberately not put NU games on FSN so they could PPV them. Remember Fox tried to PPV the Kansas game, but Pederson turned them down on the offer. Good call, imo. $30 is outrageous considering that one day of games on ESPN gameplan (turns out to be around 15 games) runs $15.

The Kansas game was on PPV last year, so i am not sure why you say pederson turned them down. I think you are thinking of Baylor, not Kansas. The reason Pederson turned down the offer for Baylor was because Nebraska was 3-2 at the time and coming off a 70-10 blowout the week before from Texas Tech. The University has to gurantee Fox makes at least 150K on the game (actual operating costs) otherwise NU has to pawn up the difference if you do not get enough subscribers, otherwise they will not pick it up. There was no way anyone was going to watch Nebraska play Baylor on PPV considering they were still pissed about the loss the week before.

We won't know anything about it being picked up on PPV untill probably the middle of August.

I dont know about anybody else but living in SOCAL $30 is WAY CHEAP. Plus I would pay that to watch every game. Might bitch a little about it but still watch anyway. Screw the A/C bill more Husker football. I dont have the luxury of living up the mountain like Skerfan I live in the desert BOOYA. :lol: Personally I cant make it back to Lincoln as much as I would like (2 in 10 years, both for deaths) so PPV is great for me. If not then the radio feed from Husker.com is my only other alternative, sittin around the puter with my sound cranked up.

GBR GBR GBR

I don't think it will be.  After the WIU game last year, Pederson realized that Fox was taking advantage of the fact that NU fans will pay damn neared anything to watch the games, and Fox would start to deliberately not put NU games on FSN so they could PPV them.  Remember Fox tried to PPV the Kansas game, but Pederson turned them down on the offer.  Good call, imo.  $30 is outrageous considering that one day of games on ESPN gameplan (turns out to be around 15 games) runs $15.

The Kansas game was on PPV last year, so i am not sure why you say pederson turned them down. I think you are thinking of Baylor, not Kansas. The reason Pederson turned down the offer for Baylor was because Nebraska was 3-2 at the time and coming off a 70-10 blowout the week before from Texas Tech. The University has to gurantee Fox makes at least 150K on the game (actual operating costs) otherwise NU has to pawn up the difference if you do not get enough subscribers, otherwise they will not pick it up. There was no way anyone was going to watch Nebraska play Baylor on PPV considering they were still pissed about the loss the week before.

We won't know anything about it being picked up on PPV untill probably the middle of August.

Gotcha, wrong game.

Still, I have to think that Fox is trying to take advantage of NU fans. If we keep shelling out 30 bones for PPV games, they won't ever put us on FSN.

I don't think it will be.  After the WIU game last year, Pederson realized that Fox was taking advantage of the fact that NU fans will pay damn neared anything to watch the games, and Fox would start to deliberately not put NU games on FSN so they could PPV them.  Remember Fox tried to PPV the Kansas game, but Pederson turned them down on the offer.  Good call, imo.  $30 is outrageous considering that one day of games on ESPN gameplan (turns out to be around 15 games) runs $15.

Gotcha, wrong game.

Still, I have to think that Fox is trying to take advantage of NU fans. If we keep shelling out 30 bones for PPV games, they won't ever put us on FSN.

They have to put us on the air. Both ABC and FSN have contracts with the Big12 that says each Big12 team has to have a certain amount of games televised each season. Both stations have to pick up at least 6 games combined for each Big12 team.

Man, I hope the maine game is on TV one way or another. If for some odd reason I can't tape it, can some tape it and then I can put it on DVD for them and any one else that wants a copy. I have the WIU game on DVD, but considering how Daily panned out, I don't think anyone is interested in a copy of that one.