Injured Commitments?

Josh could blow out his knee and it wouldn't make a difference.

He is in a situation where he likely takes a redshirt regardless of anything, so it would be 2 years before he saw the field. Plus, the training and rehab would do him good considering he needs to fill out that 6'6 frame. :)

In any case, an example would be someone like Rocky Hinds. He blew out his knee during his senior year, but was still recruiting by BC and Pete Carroll.

If you have talent, coaches will take chances on you. Plus, how would it look to other players that face the same situation everywhere? If you're willing to pull a scholly from one guy if he gets hurt, what will other recruits think if the same unfortunate fate happens to them? Recruits will look at that and definetely frown upon it.

Josh could blow out his knee and it wouldn't make a difference.

He is in a situation where he likely takes a redshirt regardless of anything, so it would be 2 years before he saw the field. Plus, the training and rehab would do him good considering he needs to fill out that 6'6 frame. :)

I agree that he will be sitting for a couple of years unless Beck doesn't pan out, but I don't think he needs to fill out his 6'6 frame too much more. We don't need him like that QB from Kentucky a few years ago Lorenzo (I think was his name but could be wrong) who was listed around 280, but more like 300. I he still needs to be able to keep his mobility, I think 240 or 245 would be around the max.

No matter if Lorenzen was a lineman at QB or not, he had one of the strongest arms for a QB I have EVER seen.

But yes, Freeman does need to fill out his frame. At 6'6 he is VERY slender and then his durability will become a question after taking hits. He's a tall guy, but he needs some weight to that frame. As you said, a solid 245-255 and the kid would be a monster.

And please no one bring up Daunte Culpepper in the same sentence as Freeman. I know you didn't compare Freeman to Culpepper, but I have seen that ALOT on other boards and the comparison is nowhere close. Culpepper is like an ultra-quick defensive lineman playing QB. Rocket arm, great accuracy, HUGE body and 4.5 speed. While Freeman may be good, he is nowhere close to that. Although I might be able to agree with the Byron Leftwich comparisions by some.

ummm... I dont know how many pictures you have seen of Freeman, but he is no where near skinny. He is just as big around as any of the other 10 quarterbacks at the academy and weighs in at 226 lbs. He could put on more weight and not show it much because of his height, but he is definately not undeveloped physically. The man obviously works out quite a bit.

No matter if Lorenzen was a lineman at QB or not, he had one of the strongest arms for a QB I have EVER seen.

But yes, Freeman does need to fill out his frame. At 6'6 he is VERY slender and then his durability will become a question after taking hits. He's a tall guy, but he needs some weight to that frame. As you said, a solid 245-255 and the kid would be a monster.

And please no one bring up Daunte Culpepper in the same sentence as Freeman. I know you didn't compare Freeman to Culpepper, but I have seen that ALOT on other boards and the comparison is nowhere close. Culpepper is like an ultra-quick defensive lineman playing QB. Rocket arm, great accuracy, HUGE body and 4.5 speed. While Freeman may be good, he is nowhere close to that. Although I might be able to agree with the Byron Leftwich comparisions by some.

Let's remember he is only 17 and still has his senior season to play. His weight and muscle are then enough for now. Give him time to grow.

As Eric said he is only 17 and hasn't completed his senior season, yet. That is a good enough reason alone not to start comparing him to Culpepper. From what I am seeing and hearing, this could be the most athletically gifted QB in the high school ranks right now, but perhaps not the most refined. Combine his big frame with quick feet, a very strong arm and accuracy draws me to that conclusion. However, it's my understanding he is not patient enough in the pocket and can panic under pressure. So he will need more development than perhaps an Alex Cate or a Tim Tebow, even though Freenam might have more unlimited physical ability. So whether he can learn to sit back in the pocket, see the whole field, and patiently find the receiver will determine down the road whether he will be just a good QB or a great QB.

Huh? I'm agreeing with you for more than one reason why he shouldn't be compared to Culpepper, if that is what you mean in your last post. He hasn't even finished his high school career, yet. You are perhaps right that he wouldn't be as talented as Culpepper, but no will know that for sure until he puts on a Husker uniform, if his commitment holds. Culpepper would be hard for anyone to match.

Freeman could be an unbelievable college QB if he learns to sit back in the pocket and patiently find the open receiver. He may learn this; he may not. I sense that Harrison Beck is more ready for college play right now than Freeman will be if he comes to Lincoln next year. But that is all guess-work on my part, and I could be totally wrong. We will see.